Problem uploading photos

Can you upload the listings Julie and then hide them? - you can add in the photos and unhide when it’s fixed maybe?

Unfortunately you can only save listings in draft if there is at least one photo uploaded. I have managed to put some things in draft by copying existing listings and deleting all photos except one.

1 Like

What worries me is I am having the same problem browsing Folksy as a customer. I keep not being able to see images of things in other people’s shops so I would imagine all our customers are having the same problem. :confounded:

1 Like

Hi Julie
I had same concern but had an order about an hour ago and so customers seem to be able see our shops ok
Mel

I’ve just done this too. I have a couple of items to list and used a similar expired item, hopefully it will be sorted tomorrow and I’ll just have to load the new pics. :slight_smile:

Hi @DewDropCrafts Ive just had a look at Folksy without being signed in and everything looks fine, I done a bit of mooching and all the photo’s and shops looked fine. The Hubster signed in using his account and it all looks ok so I don’t think shoppers will be affected. :slight_smile:
x

i choose a bad time to update EVERY photo in EVERY listing argh!

So glad I found this thread. I have been trying for ages to upload some photos. Glad it is not me. Will try again tomorrow.

Yes I am too. I cannot add images to a listing, nor can I change my avatar or banner images. All images which were in my shop have simply disappeared!

I wish I could say the same!! I am actually shopping for something at the moment and in the search results page I keep getting images that just have a white square and a black cross. And just a second ago on the home page an image had failed to load. Some shops seem to be ok and some not!!!

Fingers crossed it will be sorted Tom son I can load a new item

Grrrr I spend all day making and then after dinner I sit in front of the Tv and load them up / promote them.
Hate it when they have problems like this - usually an overloaded image server.

PS Obviously very sick as I just tried to delete all the listings which had ended up for various reasons, accidentally in Draft and it’s sitting looking at me.
I will have to promote today’s makes on Facebook (I always load the photos directly anyway) and add the links in the comment as I always do but not until tomorrow as I can’t exactly list them without any photos or even with the photo of the previous version, now sold !

Oh nooo, that’s not good, it must of been a fluke that I picked shops that seemed to be ok :frowning:

HI All

I’ve been trying to load my photos for my very first listing. It’s taken me hours to make sure that I’ve covered all the areas that I need to. Looked up things I didn’t understand, got confused on why I kept getting photo error as I thought that the photo that I was trying to upload was too big. I even emailed them to myself to check the file size. I’m now a little fed up with the lack of support that folksy gives when they have issues…just said photo error. Is this normal?? I hope not, I’m very disappointed about the amount of time I’ve wasted today and the fact that you do not have the facility to save a draft of a listing unless a picture is uploaded, thus having to redo everything over and over.

It was by luck that I found the forum and found out the reason why. I would like to thank you guys for posting it.

2 Likes

We try to help. :slight_smile:

Folksy is usually very responsive and helpful but they are not a huge operation and I guess as it was a Sunday they were unable to respond. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted today.

1 Like

As @orchardfelts said Folksy is not a massive operation which is what most of us want. Least it is a personal service where we can get hold of admin and it is a actual person not a automatic reply. Shortly there aloud time off aswell.

2 Likes

I’m really sorry everyone. Doug is working on it now and it should be fixed soon.

3 Likes

But we couldn’t get hold of admin! Sorry but I’m not feeling so forgiving. “It’s the weekend” is no longer a valid excuse for a business, however small, not to respond to a customer issue. Maybe not fix it, but at least respond. This problem completely destroyed my planned schedule over said weekend and has pretty much destroyed my confidence in this platform at the same time.

I have been having the exact same problem, where previously it was fine. I haven’t been able to list any new items for the last few days.