Public liability insurance quotes

Hi there, I’m shopping around for public liability insurance prior to a craft fair and wondering what the best prices are. Just been quoted £80 for 12 months from Ceta, which I think is steep. I’ve seen in an older post that Axisweb are cheap so will give them a try but any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks, Katherine

I use G M Imber and Sons £50 pa public and product liability.

1 Like

CMTIA, about £50 for a year

1 Like

I use Direct line costs about £5 a month

1 Like

I use Ian Wallace which is around £80 too. I also recommend you check the T&Cs as some state you have to sell a certain percentage at fairs in order to be covered or will not automatically include cover for selling to the US for example.

3 Likes

Totally, check the terms. Nothing is more frustrating that having to claim and finding out that you aren’t covered for your own losses.

Sam x

1 Like

If you quailfy then the insurance offered with membership of the artists network a-n.co.uk is the cheapest around

1 Like

Hi Deborah , I am looking for product liability as well as public . Will give you insurance company a try . For folksy is that all the cover needed ? Thank you for your help,Suzanne .

Hi Suzanne, I don’t think Folksy requires us to be covered.
Lots of fairs do though, the policy I have with G M imber is the Craftinsure-starter, it has a few restrictions, it doesn’t cover sales to the USA and you need to earn under £20.000 from on-line sales (it doesn’t matter how much you earn from fairs or other sales on top though)

I have never had to claim, so don’t know what they are like if push comes to shove.

Thank you Deborah , I will definitely get in touch with them on Monday . That’s what I am looking for . Suzanne x.

Thanks for this Deborah, I’ve just phoned G M Imber and they’re sending me a form to fill out, and quoted £50 for £5 million coverage for craft fair selling. As for my online shop goods, I’ll just have to make sure I make them so well they’ll not spontaneously combust in people’s faces for the time being.

1 Like