Reviews/feedback

I have only just understood this with Feedback, and have had quite a few sales where people are not registered.

A couple of unregistered customers sent me nice emails, and I must admit it does give you a boost, and I do agree that to ask for feedback seems a bit spammy.

Thanks
SallyAnn

I had a sale with a lovely lady who sent me an email saying how happy she was with the product. It gives you a real boost as I always worry that the item will be as they hoped as buying online is never the same as holding a product in your hands. The problem was that she said she had tried to leave feedback more than once but couldn’t work out how. I couldn’t help as I didn’t know how to either, I suspect she was a guest rather than a registered member.

I’ve also had several “guests” not being able to leave feedback or sellers not being able to as it looked like they were logged in but were not so couldn’t leave feedback. I have a few that couldn’t leave feedback who sent me nice emails

I completely agree. I wonder how many of the people here ignore ‘feedback/reviews’ when buying comparable items on Amazon for instance?
I would guess non, because feedback and reviews are essential especially to smaller fish like us trying to make ourselves appear as credible as we possibly can!

Yes - I see that it is on the to do list…since 2012, and it is 2019 as I type this… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sorry, don’t mean to sound so sarcastic, but really hard not too. lol. But I am very keen to have this up and running, as nearly all my customers have wanted to leave me feedback or reviews, and I have to admit I do get a bit tired of having to explain to them if they can or not. And I do think and feel that this is a really important (in fact extremely important aspect to Folksy and to everyone who uses it. To my mind it is perfect business sense to have reviews, made by any customer to generate more business - Every ones a winner. Please can we have this sorted now, it’s been nearly 8 years! lol But please - please, can we? please…with a cherry on top! :grin:

To be more positive, in the meantime I would like to offer some advice to any one else reading this thread, and that is, If your customer is that keen to leave a review but are not registered, try pointing them to your facebook page or business page or set up a web page on your site that holds reviews and feedback. Reviews and feedback should be treated like little nuggets of gold. You’d be surprised by how many people do actually read them.

1 Like

I’m a seller on Folksy and I can’t even find the bloody review button!