Royal mail collection update

Thanks for letting us know - sounds a real step forward for non smart phone owning rural hermits like me!

1 Like

Brenda @teabreaks
Great news. Glad it worked. I’ll have to have a look at using it.

1 Like

I’ve just organised a pick up on Monday, and their ‘special offer’ collection price of 30p per item has now jumped to 60p. But originally it was 70p when Royal Mail first offered this service, so it’s not quite reached that - yet. It’s still better than driving to my nearest post office and my postie is always really cheery and pleasant when he comes to collect, and we exchange village gossip, so all in all well worth it!

1 Like

I hope it goes well Judy…just paying online postage is a little bit cheaper, so it almost balances out and no petrol to the PO …Let us know how it goes x

Glad it all went to plan Brenda @teabreaks :slight_smile:
As a small aside - did I read that you can’t move the screens on smartphones or tablets with your fingertips? I have the same problem, my smartphone can never read my fingerprint. Apparently if you use a very small amount of water based moisturiser or a tiny bit of spit on your fingertips, you can then get them to register on smart items.
I used to wonder if maybe I didn’t even have any fingerprints and that I would be a good cat burgler!

1 Like

Cheery postie picked up my parcel as usual and we had a discussion about the new labelling scheme. He says it is no extra work for him and he is happy to bring the label. It is preprinted by the sorting office when the order for collection is received, and the label is then picked up by the postie when he/she clocks in at the sorting office and collects his/her round. So no worries about temperamental printers and cartridges running out of ink at the crucial moment!

2 Likes

Judy @JudyAdams I am glad the parcel collection went well…it is so easy…and as you say, no worrying about temperamental printers. I often get a message sayingn “printer offline” when it isn’t.
It is certainly a service that I will use in the future.x

:pray: Thank you for posting about this service - I wasn’t aware of it. I am waiting for my post person to come with a label for me today! Hope it all goes smoothly! :crossed_fingers:

I found it brilliant…no more queueing at the post office or going out in bad weather…x

1 Like

Me too! I have found it invaluable as I have to drive to a post office several miles away.

1 Like