Scam email - urgent warning

Yes.I received it today. Forwarded to support. Didn’t open & deleted all traces of it in my inbox.

I got one too! I opened it on my iPhone and clicked on the screen shot link. It look me to a webpage with loads of code and I closed it immediately… Didn’t seem to download anything or ask me to install anything. Should it be ok?

Wow! A friend just put something on Facebook to warn people and several people have had the email- I checked mine and I have it also. Should I mark as Spam or will that mean that I won’t get your proper emails? x

Yes I have received one of these too, I was worried at first, but soon realised that it was a flaming scam, why don’t these people just try and do something legal for Pete’s sake ?

Hi, I have received this too. I opened the email to see what it said but didn’t click on any links as it looked dodgy straight away as I was called “dear seller”! Thanks everyone who has posted info on it on this forum, I now know definitely not to click it and am deleting it right now. thanks everyone x

Hello,

You have received the following message from suitabhaime1973. To respond, simply reply to this email and your message will be sent directly to the sender’s email address: suitabhaime19731977@gmail.com
Please note that by replying to the message, your email address will be shared with the recipient. More information.

Order from you

Hello dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not get this position in my account, although i have this transaction in my paypal account.
I called folksy customer support, they recommend me to contact you attached a screenshots of my PayPaland folksy accounts.

Here are screenshots:
[LINK IN HERE]

Please help me understand about the situation.

OMG, I rarely get caught, but I saw this and I’ve replied to it. It’s a shame that Folksy didn’t put out an email to this affect. What do I do now! I even hovered over the email to see if it was legit, it looked legit

It looked so real with the folksy logo and i know we have to message the sellers back through our own messaging system. Camilla @folksycontent isn’t it possible to start getting our e-mails back in our shops so we wont be infected with spam in our owm email accounts :slight_smile:

3 Scans done and doesn’t look to be anything in my downloads, even checked by date so i’m hoping all is fine Phew!

fab…I just replied!!! not impressed

That’s quite standard style of scams.

Dear seller. You don’t have a name??
I bought your stuff. What stuff?

If someone was so concerned about their purchase, they would remember what they bought and from what seller. Too general…that’s always a sign, to me at least, that the emal is not genuine.

I didn’t click on the link…but I did reply…will my anti virus with my broadband cover not cover me?..this is horrid

Strange that we all got the same email and yet the email address/buyer in the message is different. How was this able to be sent out to so many sellers?
Luckily I opened mine on my phone and always check email addresses to see who it is from when they come through like this.

I’ve just had the same message different email address difference user name.

I have received the same e mail, the way it was worded made me a bit suspicious - why would you say “stuff” instead of the name of the item you had supposedly bought.

I was wondering that too… pretty much identical wording but a different e mail, I wonder what is going on ?

I opened mine on my phone, shut it down onced realized, deleted from my emails via laptop and then checked downloads, scanned 3 times to make sure all was ok, but then i turned my phone back on and it had download the screenshot, i have now deleted that, well daughter did as i’m not techno minded. so please check your phone for the down load, it comes in as a screenshot download x
@LittleTrinketGirl i would look at your downloads, it should have todays date and be called screenshot and probably have some other letters x

1 Like

Hi

Just a warning - I’ve just received a decidedly dodgy email via Folksy - the text of which was as follows:
“Error in ordering
Hello dear seller about a few days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not have this position in my account, although i have this transaction in my PayPal account.
I wrote message folksy client support, they recommend me to contact you attached a screenshots of my paypal and Folksy accounts.”

There was also a link to follow - which needless to say I didn’t click on.

I’ve forwarded it to support and I’m assuming their user details will be deleted. If it turns out to be genuine I’ll report back but suggest anyone else is cautious.

Karen
x

Hi Karen it is spam, there are 3 threads on it right now, folksy are aware.

Hi - was just trying to delete the post. I did do a search before posting and nothing came up.

Thank you. There are lots of other threads about this problem too. Seems they are using lots of of different user names too. Folksy are now dealing.

Anyone know how I can delete the post ???

I promise I did do a search before posting this - I don’t like wasting people’s time :frowning: