Scam email - urgent warning

i’ve had exactly the same this afternoon to. the english was so bad i thought it was likely to be one.

I think I was lucky (a) I recognised it as dodgy straight the way for the same reason you did, but also, I’m a Mac user and the URL was stripped from the message so there was no link for me to click on anyway. Reading the other threads it looks like some people clicked on the link.

I had several over the years. The oceanographer who gets around a bit has
cropped up a few times! The English on that was dodgy to! If they ever
learn to speak English properly we may have a problem, but as it is they
are fairly easy to spot.

1 Like

Hi all, need your help.

I’ve received this e-mail and think that it is a scam. Am I right? What do you think? The screenshots??? I can’t see nothing, my PC says that it is insecure site??? Whatever? I understand NOTHING…

"Invalid order

Hello dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not have this position in my account, although i have this transaction in my PayPal account.
I wrote message Folksy user support, they recommend me to contact you attached a screenshots of my PayPaland folksy accounts.

Here are screenshots:
[LINK IN HERE]

Please help me understand about the situation."

1 Like

Don’t repost that link! It’s a virus-This has been sent to lots of shops on Folksy only a minute or so ago. Run your virus scan and report to Folksy using the usual channels. Don’t respond to the message. This one looks a lot more virulent than the usual “oceanographer” scam.

Sam x

1 Like

Another thread has just started with someone reporting possible malware being sent through a folksy message I suspect the message you recieved is the same. Forward it to urgent@folksy.com so that they can block the account and warn everyone ASAP. Then as Sam says run a virus scan.

I’ve literally just received this and it has been immediately forwarded to Folksy.

oh no i have had one as well :frowning: how annoying…

I recieved exactly the same, i didnt click the link just forwarded a screen shot to customer support

Do NOT click on anything! Forward it to Folksy to look at that.

This is not right. Dear Seller?? If they purchased anything, they would know your name! And they would definitely know what they purchased!

Standard format of scam emails…and the lower case i is quite common in this kind of messages.

Yup, I got it too…

I got one as well, thanks for the advice. Lets hope Folksy admin can stop them.

I’ve had it too, thankfully saw the thread in the Folksy Facebook group page so deleted without even opening. Hopefully I will be ok?

Looks like I have received the same scam email. I like the way they say that they have bought my stuff, without saying what “stuff” they had bought! Not sure whether to be offended that they refer to my products as stuff

Karen @silvertreejewellerydesign it’s fake hun were all having the same x

Oddly enough there was a report on watchdog about this last week were hackers where able to bypass security and firewalls set by a website/company to send real looking emails/text messages to users in a way to scam them of their account details and hack into their emails/ bank accounts and files on their computers/mobile phones.

Had one to, mine was from tacavertia1979, called Reply urgently. The rest of the wording is the same as others have had. The email address on form is tacvertia1979@gmail.com if that helps to track them down.
Done a scan on my phone and all seems fine fingers crossed, I’m keeping an eye on it tho!

Emily

UPDATE: We are currently emailing everyone affected by this possible phishing attempt. Just to reiterate, a
spam email was sent out today to multiple Folksy sellers through the Folksy system. It is not from Folksy support and is not genuine.

If you have clicked on the link or replied to the email, we would advise that you change your Folksy password and your email password ASAP as a precaution. More advice to follow once we have looked into the details of the message.

We are currently trying to shut this down. In the meantime, we have disabled messaging to prevent more sellers receiving the message and put warnings out on social media. Thank you for your patience while we resolve this situation.

1 Like

I had it too. The language is a give away. This is what I received:
"Error in ordering: Hi dear seller about couple days ago,I bought your stuff, but I still do not get this position in my account, although i have this transaction in my PayPal account.
I contacted Folksy user support, they recommend me to contact you attached a screenshots of my PayPaland Folksy accounts. Here are screenshots: "

Anyone who gets it, whatever you do do not click on any links

1 Like

I’ve had a similar email from unitlemo1982. I haven’t replied or clicked on anything.