Setting up shopping on Instagram? Also reel insight info?

I know last year this feature was disabled for folksy sellers. I was new to selling so never had it set up anyway. I hadn’t even known how instagram worked!

Anyhow… I have my facebook page linked up to folksy, which seems to work ok, but I still don’t have many fb followers. Recently Instagram has started offering to set up shop too. When I clicked on the link to start the process this message popped up and I don’t know what to do. I have worked so hard building up an IG account (fb not so much yet), but I worry about disabling anything and losing the accounts. In my experience social media are not anywhere to be found if something goes wrong! So does anyone here have experience of recently setting this up? Not sure if I should just leave it with the link in my bio. Is it worth setting up?

Also… Where do you find insights for reels? I see them for posts and stories but not the reels.

Many thanks,

Tan xx

Leave it with the link in your bio for now because Instagram shopping still doesn’t seem to be working for Folksy shops yet.

Occasionally Instagram will make some changes and messages come up which give people hope, but as far as I know no one has got shopping tags working again recently (other than people who already had it all set up before the changes).

Folksy are working on it, so (hopefully) once there’s a solution there should be a post here/on the Folksy seller newsletter with instructions on what to do.

3 Likes

Thank you for replying. That is great advice. xx

I am waiting as well… Once lots of people have it working I will have a go.

I do know where the insights are for reels though… if I scroll down to the bottom of insights, I can see my reels (But that took a while to appear, it wasn’t there immediately after my first reel) if I open an individual reel and click on the vertical three dots I can get insights on that particular reel. Hope that helps. Kx

1 Like

Hi ya,

I"d agree with Kim @konyskiw with regards to the shopping and leave it for now just in case!

With regards to the insights, there is a section for reels in the insights section on the IG app, I had to scroll past the the posts & stories as it’s hidden at the bottom.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Lou

1 Like

Thank you Kirsty and Lou @WhimsicalBells I still can’t see this option available in my insights section, only the posts and stories sections. Then under that is add an IGTV (I haven’t used), share a live video, and create a promotion. No reels section. :woman_shrugging:t2:I made sure to set my search perimeters over the last 30 days as I made several reels in that timeframe.

Plus when I watch reels and click on the 3 dots, insights are not listed in that pop up menu either. Not sure why I can’t see them on my account. Perhaps I have the wrong kind of account set up.

Tan xx

Hi Tan,

That’s really weird, I’ve taken a screen shot of where I see mine but no idea why you wouldn’t have the same. I wouldn’t have thought you’d get any insights if you had a personal account instead of a business one but don’t understand why you’d get some but not others :flushed:.

Sorry I can’t be of any more help :cry:

Cheers Lou

1 Like

I had all sort of problems with reels and I had to reinstall the app to get it to work… I didn’t have the button at all (this is part of why I thought when people talked about reels they meant video posts!). After I got it working it wasn’t on my insights and then it just suddenly appeared. I think Instagram gave reels to personal users first and then business users got it and it is all gradual. It might be worth updating your app… but mine just appeared one day. Kx

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Yes it really is a strange one. I am not sure IG makes changes in one sweep. It isn’t available to me yet. I thought I was going a bit potty.

Ty for your help.

Tan x

1 Like

Thank you. I have been a bit nervous about deleting the app to re-install incase it refuses to let me log back in. :joy: I am such a technophobe! Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. xx

1 Like

you’re welcome, sorry it didn’t end up helping much!

Thank you. It has helped a little as I reinstalled the app. I still don’t have anything under insights for reels, but now there is a new tab that shows reels with number of views. Yayyy! Thank you for helping with Kirsty and Kim. xxx

1 Like

Tan, I read through this thread and thought the insights I was seeing was usual for all accounts and it turns out, I am in a similar situation to you!

I don’t see what Lou sees, as I don’t have reels as an option there but I can view each individual reel and click on the three dots as Kirsty mentioned- I also agree that sometimes an app update can help.
Just to let you know, I had a similar experience to Kirsty in that Reels weren’t even an option for a while but that seemed to sort itself out and I’m not sure how or why but I’m certain of one thing- Instagram is variable for so many reasons.

Why some Folksy sellers still have a shop available and others who came to the party later, can’t set up shop, just doesn’t make any sense to me… with all the hacking going on right now into handmade accounts, maybe it’s for the best (one less thing to worry about!)

Annie x

2 Likes

Hi Annie,

It is really strange how instagram is different for newer accounts. I am sorry your account doesn’t show them either. An update did help a little as it now lets me know another way, but it still doesn’t show up in insights like it does for Lou. Is the hacking still going on? I hope we are not targeted after all the hard work put in. xxx

2 Likes

Yeah, I think so- there’s another thread where Sue from @bramleycards has said her account was hacked recently- not quite sure what hackers hope to get from a handmade community but it is what it is! Have you set up a two set verification for your IG account?
I did this earlier on in the year and I hopeful I have safe guarded the account to some degree.

xx

2 Likes

Ahhh that’s not good. Was she able to save her account? I just checked and yes I have the double authentication and the codes set up. xx

1 Like

I’m not sure Tan- she may have updated the status on the other thread… x

1 Like

I know this is a old thread now. I did updated on my original thread but no, I couldn’t risk getting it back,(IG no help) so have set up a new one bramley_cards instead, which was very disappointing!
I had set up two part id!
Thank you @PoppyDarling