Shop stats not updating until well into the work day

Hi – there’s more information here.
Basically there’s an issue with some tasks that generate data needed for the stats pages, which means that we’re having to run those manually during the day whilst we fix it.
Sorry to anyone who is seeing zeroes when they check yesterday’s stats in the morning – we’re working to fix it as soon as we can.
I’ll keep you posted as to progress below.
Thanks, and thank you for bearing with us,
Doug.

Thanks for the update Doug. I did notice the dreaded zero’s this morning :confounded:

1 Like

Hi – just to let you know the stats tasks are running at the moment and should be completed in an hour or two.
We’re scouring the logs to try to figure out the cause of the issue.
For now, I’ve added some more targeted debug output into the generation tasks to help me figure out what the problem is and I’ll be able to review that tomorrow morning once the tasks have run again tonight.
That does mean that I’ll need to manually launch the process again tomorrow, sorry, so there will be a delay again.
Thanks again for bearing with us!
Doug.

Yes, sorry about that. It’s a subtle bug that’s taking quite some detective work!
Stats should be working normally again for today within an hour or two.
If I’ve not found and fixed the issue by weekend I’ll put a stop-gap measure in place to run the stats jobs Fri/Sat night so that the weekend should be unaffected.
Thanks,
Doug.

2 Likes

Why does the stats vanish at midnight? I rarely get to the computer before then so the reading are always zero. (Sorry if I’m in wrong thread)

Hi – you’re not in the wrong thread.
Usually the stats for the previous day get generated between half one and half two in the morning, so if you were looking at midnight I guess you’d see zero stats until the tasks that generate them run.
However, we’re having some issues with those tasks running at the moment, so there’s even more of a delay until I can run the tasks manually later in the morning.
Unfortunately this delay will continue over the weekend as I’ve not managed to fix the issue, yet – but I’ll keep running the tasks so they will appear, just a bit later in the day.
Sorry this is taking a while to fix – it’s a case of making changes then waiting until the tasks run again the following night to see if what you did either worked or gave you any more clues as to the issue.
I’m away at my Dad’s this weekend but obviously will have full internet access and everything, so I’ll be manually setting the tasks going until next week.
Again, sorry this is taking a while to sort properly, and thanks so much for all of your patience!
Doug.

1 Like

thank you for the prompt reply.

Doug @dougfolksy … Is it just me or are the stats still bugged up? It’s the info for the past 24hrs that shows big fat zeros for me, and all the other figures are slowly decreasing accordingly. Just wondered if the virtual coffee and biscuits supplied by @dotterypottery were helping? Suzzie :cake::cookie::doughnut::candy:

Same for me as well. Stats seem to appear 12-ish instead of early morning (and yes I’m sad enough to check as soon as I wake up!)

3 Likes

Are the stats not working or do I really have zero people visiting my shop, even tho I’m promoting it off site??

Hello @dougfolksy
The daily stats are still not working
Any update?
Suzzie

1 Like

Half past one and still no stats! I may have to change my routine :thinking:

Sam x

I always liked to check my stats first thing in the morning before going off to the day job. I’m having to now wait until I get home :disappointed_relieved:

Any idea why the stats aren’t working. @folksycontent thanks.

1 Like

Hello @dougfolksy
Now it could be me, but the stats don’t seem to be working. I can’t call up the page at all, my screen is just blank, and it doesn’t say statistics at the top, but dashboard!! Also I still don’t get a 24hr option. Are you still’doing’ them manually? or am I pressing wrong buttons?
Thanks for looking,
Suzzie

Hurrah! It’s all working!! Thank you @dougfolksy

Just to say I’m seeing the stats first thing in the morning now, so thank you for fixing this @dougfolksy!

1 Like