Shop views can someone help

Hi folksy friends

What is an average rate of shop views, or what is a good rate of views to have in a day, I don’t think I am being seen by enough for ones to buy from my shop, is there anyway I can help improve my shop views

can anyone help

Thanks

Sue

Hi Sue,

Well, I’m probably not the best person to help you as my average shop views are usually less than 5 most days. Sometimes when I’ve listed something new those views will grow - I think I had a whopping 13 the other day - nearly fell off my chair lol. I don’t really promote my shop on here very much, it just ticks along, so perhaps someone who does regularly promote would be able to give you a better idea.

Elaine

1 Like

Hi Sue,

It would be really difficult to compare views with other shops unless you were both promoting in exactly the same places, and sold practically identical things.

There would be a lot more people searching for jewellery items each day than for my garden items, for example. But, the competition between all the jewellery shops online means you’re going to have to work quite hard to be the one that that customer finds, whereas even though there are less people looking for my items each day, I’d have a bit more chance of being found as I’m in a smaller market.

Then it depends where your customer is finding you from. If they are following you on social media and are following links from there into your shop, chances are they are following you because they like your items, so are likely to buy. If you’ve got a customer who’s happened on your shop through a search engine search, you’re going to have to have great photos and all the info they could need to persuade them that your item is the one they want to stop them browsing onto the next shop.

So, like I say, really, really hard to compare views with other shops.

Jo

2 Likes

Hi Elaine
Thanks for getting back to me, I am getting on the average between 70 and 90 views a day, so I am thinking now compared to you that is good, I stated up my shop last week on folksy, I was Just interested what the average views are. I can see you have had a number of sales, when did you open your shop Elaine, by the way I love your crafts, I have put you into my favourit’s and also on FB, Pinterest Twitter and a few others, so hopefully this will boost your views.

I appreciate your reply, thanks so much, I hope I will have a few others.

all the best Sue

Hello Jo
Thanks for your info also, its a great help, I am looking into the photo area of my crafts, I am on FB, TWIT, PIN etc so all this is going to help me, Paintings are more difficult to sell online, so I have been doing some sewing, hopefully these may sell.

Thanks for your input, really appreciate your help
Thanks

Sue

That is good… I generally get around 15-20 view a day, but it can be as low as 4 or 5, and I think the most it has been was around 35…

Kim
x

Glad I’m not the only one whose shop views are in single figures, I sometimes think my shop is hiding under an invisibility cloak :slight_smile:

1 Like

I dream of getting that many views!! no matter how much (or how little) promotion I do they tend to be less than 10 most days :frowning:

I find in the week I don’t get many views at all. Between 4-10 but this weekend I had 32 on Saturday with surprised me.

1 Like

Is everyone getting these figures off the analytics on the dashboard, I gather these are genuine and don’t include our views if logged in?
I have goggle analytics and it is the same figure which was 18. Now I don’t think its correct.
As the Google one includes me on theirs. Confused, which doesn’t take much. Lol

Going by the figures I am seeing here for shop views, mine is considered good at average 70 to 90 view a day, it has been up as high as 100 and little over, maybe I don’t need to worry.

that’s for all the input, hope we all have some sales !!!

Sue

Wow Sue, that’s brilliant, especially if you’ve only just started! I’ve been with Folksy since November, 2011 - thank you for your lovely comments and for promoting me on your various pages, that’s really kind of you. I sell elsewhere, but even with regular promotion of my other selling platform I don’t achieve those kind of daily viewings - not even over the Christmas period.

Good luck with your shop Sue.

Elaine x

Yes I guess my views are good, I Just hope I can have my first sale soon, that would make me a happy bunny.

all the best to all

Sue

The dashboard figures come straight from analytics and therefore do include your own views.

A good way to get true numbers is to put your IP address in to Google’s Analytics. I’ve not because I keep forgetting!!