Social Media Tips

Do any of you have any social media tips, recently got back into posting more regularly, but have been struggling a little in regards to getting much traction with posts.

Does anyone also have any advice on ads and how to best target an audience, recently spent £15 and got 25-30 clicks on the shop now button, for the amount that was paid is it possible to get more people engaged, or is that expected from the amount paid.

my Instagram is instagram.com/handmadebylizziesoapscandles

I post every day on Facebook and Instagram and used to get quite a good reach but the last couple of months my posts only seems to go to friends and regular watchers. I think they have changed the algorithm so that it filters things out.
Also, I’d love to understand Pinterest - just can’t get my head around how that works - how do you get noticed on there?

I am really fed up with Facebook and Instagram. My posts just don’t reach anyone anymore. I am lucky if I get 30 likes on Instagram now and rarely use Facebook. I am quite a private person and find it hard to chat about my life to strangers and equally hard to push my shop, especially as it is mainly the same people seeing every post. I’m sure my friends will be getting fed up of seeing tea cosies!

I have recently watched a YouTube video about the best way of using Pinterest and it has really helped. It said that you had to pin at least 10 to 15 items a day, they don’t have to be all things from your shop. There was other advice too and in a week my monthly views have doubled.
I shall keep on with Pinterest for the moment pinning every day.

7 Likes

My instagram started performing much better when I started doing weekly reels (apparently people like watching me peel bits of manky masking tape off freshly polished jewellery)

6 Likes

@SashaGarrett I agree reels and videos seem to be the way to go on Instagram. When you look at your home page on Instagram nearly all the posts are videos or adverts.

1 Like

I really like the idea of Pinterest, do you remember the name of the video you saw on YouTube.

@handmadebylizzie the YouTube video was intended for helping with Etsy sales but would well just as well with Folksy. This is the link to her Youtube channel

The video I watched was posted on 14th May 2020 if that helps. Don’t want to add the link as it mentions Etsy and thought it not appropriate.

1 Like

Yes - you just need to work out what people will watch which is apparently anything!

2 Likes

I like seeing that!

1 Like

Thank you, I will check out the Pinterest stuff. I have an account, but am probably not using it properly.
Instagram remains a good source of sales, but I’ve noticed my reach and subsequent click throughs to my shop plummet recently, so perhaps time to look at Pinterest again. Also, my Twitter views are going up by some margin and tweets are easy to do. They have a short shelf life so you have to tweet frequently, but I find a scheduler helps. A lot of us Folksy sellers will also retweet each other’s content, which is the best way to get coverage on Twitter.

2 Likes

me too pinterest seems hard to me too . good luck, let you know if I master it - this is my first reply to a comment so i’m learning too x

1 Like