Stripe payment but no order on folksy dashboard or shop

Just by chance I have noticed I had an order dated Sunday, by seeing a notification from Stripe which has only just arrived today. The really strange thing is I have nothing on my folksy dashboard about this order and it is not in my sold items. Has anybody else had this happen to them? this a new one on me! I will be contacting folksy support .

Yes there have been a couple of other people with this problem - I should contact Support ASAP. Also contact the Buyer, who may not be aware their purchase failed, and that they have been charged. They will hopefully be able to remember exactly what steps they did, which will help Geoff.

1 Like

I did contact folksy support. They said i should just hide the item from sale and ask for the customers address ( you don’t get their address in stripe bizarrely!) .So I’ve got the payment, just no order on my dashboard, I hope this will be an ok solution :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve seen others reporting this happening to them - I wonder if customers are not realising that they have to press the ‘confirm purchase’ button on folksy when they get redirected back here after the payment processor has dealt with them. Or if Stripe is doing extra checks on the transaction meaning that it ends up in limbo for a few days and as a result the link back to folksy for the ‘confirm purchase’ step (which presumably generates the order) doesn’t happen.

1 Like

maybe its stripe doing extra checks messing things up - it wouldn’t surprise me !

I had a similar issue as a buyer when paypal decided to do extra checks (and then reject) my payment - the seller had no idea I was even trying to buy from her as nothing had shown up at her end.
(On etsy when the payment processor is doing extra checks the sale shows up as unpaid on your dashboard but etsy do their own payment processing so know whats going on with both parts of the transaction.)

If customers don’t press the confirm purchase button then neither the order or payment should go through.

Doug’s working on it, he made some changes last week after the first reports of this happening, but it seems there are still a few more tweaks that need to be done. It appears that this is usually happening when buyers don’t make a straight forward purchase of finding items, adding them to basket and checking out, but they might have multiple Folksy tabs open and are switching between them, or they add their items to basket, leave it for hours and then come back to check out. Somehow this is causing the payment to no longer be associated with the order, so we’re working on making sure these sorts of actions will still be properly connected.

If anyone else has this happening, please email support with the details of your username, the time of the purchase and email address of the buyer, so we can try to track it down in the logs and find out what’s causing it to go wrong.
If your buyer can also provide any more details about their checkout experience (was it a shopping session over hours, were they using multiple tabs, did they think the payment went through or not, did they experience any problems with the payment), any sort of information like that can help us understand what might be going wrong and how to fix it.

Also, if you’re only getting the notifications from Stripe when the money is sent to your bank and not when a payment is made, then it can help to turn these on to be aware of the issue as soon as possible. You can do this by logging in to your Stripe dashboard > clicking the person icon in the top right corner > profile > email preferences > tick “successful payment” > click save.

3 Likes

Can I suggest that when you get a Stripe order you check it has’t gone through twice as mine did last week but only one order. Payments were 7 minutes apart I refunded the customer and noitified the Folisy but sheer chance I notifed and customer hadnt.
scuse typing…on laptop lying down.
PS New hip is a miracle…

4 Likes

thanks Joy, it is actually a new order, its very strange how it didn’t turn up in my dashboard. I’ve contacted the customer, ad they have given me their address. Hope it doesn’t happen too much!

Wishing a good recovery Joy, im sure you will be back to normal in no time, there is no stopping you !! :grin: xx

2 Likes

That is exactly what happened on the first Stripe payment. No order created. No order email. Stock not downdated.
Stripe must not have sent a successful payment flag to folksy so folksy hadn’t
Actionned the ordet.

Yes Suzanne this is what happened to me but my notification from Stripe took a week to send me a notification. I didn’t have anything on my Folksy dashboard. If you contact Folksy Support they will tell you what to do.

1 Like

I contacted my buyer as their email is in the Stripe information and asked them for their address. They had bought five cards from my Folksy shop and luckily Stripe listed each different card they bought so I knew which ones to send without having to ask them.
I did check with Folksy Support that the payment couldn’t be returned first before sending.
The customer was quite happy to give me her address, I sent the cards and she is very pleased with them so a good outcome.

Thank you Kim, my buyer was delighted with their purchase when I was able to send her the cards. I have now turned on the Stripe notifications to let me know when someone buys something through Stripe. I was looking for this notification but couldn’t find it. When I first started with Stripe payments on Folksy I did receive this notification as soon as a customer bought something but it has somehow been switched off. Thanks to you and Geoff for your help.