I noticed today the super seconds festival. Is it for a select group of sellers that folksy have picked or open to everyone? Thank you ![]()
You have to apply to the lady who runs the super seconds festival for a chance to participate (she gets waaaaay more applications than there are spots in the festival). Normally it is completely separate from folksy but this year there are enough folksy sellers taking part that they are helping promote it. There are details on how to apply for future events on the super seconds website (scroll to the bottom of the page) https://www.supersecondsfestival.co.uk/
Thank you, I thought if I just tagged my sale items that they would be included… we live and learn
shall bear it in mind for the future…
Applications have closed for this event, I think the next one March. I enquired but it is £45 to take part and I don’t pay that much for the in-person events that I do so it is out of my budget.
Folksy has it’s own seconds/ end of line/ samples event (perfectly imperfect or something like that) where any plus account holders can take part of they want to. I think there are normally 2 of those a year but can’t remember when.
If the sellers have been picked by Folksy then Folksy need to be a little more careful in their picking when they say :
the incredible Folksy sellers selected to take part in the event.
and at least one shop has never sold anything on Folksy and also has an ‘illegal’ blog link,
The sellers were not picked by Folksy to take part in the event, they were selected by the lady who runs it. How folksy were informed of the overlap - ie which folksy shops are participating in the event - I do not know.
Has anyone looked at Folksy main site as an unsigned in visitor with that stuck all over the top of the page.
I’m certainly not expecting to get any new customer sales this weekend with that plastered across the screen. Looks like Bargain Basement in B&M !
Up to 75% off…
ie
Have to agree with you, looks a bit slapdash.. a hurried job. It does look like an advert for B&M… not very professional with all the AI available these days ![]()
The banner is standard Super Seconds Festival branding it’s just had the folksy logo added to it. If it looks a bit basic that’s on SSF, Folksy are just keeping the branding consistent.
I don’t care whose banner or branding it is but to put THAT right across the top and in the face of any unsuspecting visitor to the home page and SOOOO big. I care about that !
It cheapens the whole site and all the shops of the many fantastic sellers on here.
I had a quick look, there were only a handful of sellers and a lot of pages from one seller which looked to be most of their shop.
It’s absolutely horrendous. If I was Folksy I would have refused to put that on the site.
And all that for 7 shops … two of which haven’t even sold anything on Folksy so not the best of adverts for the site overall really !
£150 for a glass suncatcher? Really!
I’ve just had a look through the selection and I think I better keep my thoughts to myself…! ![]()
I was a little astonished given the prices you and I reasonably charge with our years of experience…
probably best ![]()
Suppose we should be pleased that there are no torn off breasts or penis parts in there
I agree
I don’t think Folksy should be involved in this. It doesn’t even explain what it is for potential customers. It looks as if these are the only shops with sale items with Folksy. It looks terrible and totally unprofessional. Folksy are not acting in the best interests of their long standing sellers. No doubt Folksy got paid for doing it by the lady who runs it! I hate it. If this is the sort of thing they are going to be involved in i don’t think I will be staying with them.
Sadly at the end of the day Folksy is a business, and business is there to make money. This is the way of the world unfortunately ![]()
