The worst order you've had?

If I’m expecting parcels and I know that I may not be in to receive it then I leave a note on my porch door to put it in there and also if I know exactly who will be the deliverer ie company name, then I write that on the note too. I find it works pretty well.

My postman is a bit daft, I have a sign on the door asking him to put any parcels in the box just round the corner but he just wont do it. I can’t always answer the door if I’m in the middle of a soapy process that can’t be left. I have tried explaining this but he still insists on knocking then taking my parcels somewhere else grrrr

My worst order had nothing to do with postage but with the items themselves.

The customer wanted a crochet item I would never make for my shop but it was a commission. Some ways I wish I’d never agreed as it was such a problem.

I made the same large item 5 times but each time with a different blend of linen yarn. One was very thick, one was very fine and slippery, another was hairy and bits would fall off and yet another was extremely stiff. One cone would work for one item but depending on the linen yarn I might need almost 2 cones.

Every time I made a pattern a new pattern depending on the thickness of the horrid linen yarn. So I had to crochet a test piece for each new item and try to fit the pattern into the items. ugh never ever again. How I hate crochet crocodile stitch lamp shades. lol

1 Like

Not an order, but an almost order. I didnt know that my PM messages went to the seperate emails we had signed up with, only to eventually see that Id missed a request for 25 of my cards. I contacted them but it was too late.

My worst may well be an ongoing one - lady ordered an ipad mini sleeve for her mum 10 days ago, which arrived the next day.
Her mum said it didn’t fit and could she have a refund.
I was a bit surprised that it doesn’t fit as I have sold a few, but agreed to a refund - plus postage each way - upon its safe return.
Customer said it would be in the post this Tuesday and she would let me know when it was on its way.

I have heard nothing since.

Mine leaves it in the outside loo (a super loo, fully tiled but frequently home to snails :slight_smile: ) xx

Here’s hoping she thought better of it and doesn’t send it back xx

From worst to best order…
Just had an order from a name and address which looked familiar - quick search of my order history and yes I was right - one of my very first Folksy orders in 2009 - and pleased to report that tractor still hangs in her son’s bedroom.

It was her first Folksy purchase and I’m also pleased to see she has made several more since.

I wonder if she will notice that my glasswork has improved over the years with (much) practice,
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Joy xx

2 Likes

Nightmares!

I’ve been lucky so far and haven’t had any real problems, one parcel to Australia had to be sent back due to resin problems, but the lady was very nice about it and was happy with a replacement.

I’ve been silly enough to make things for ‘friends’ who never payed, twice. ‘Yes yes I want it’ ‘I’m happy to pay’- then the money never materialises. One expected it for free I think, but you know, times are hard and being self employed it hard.

You Poor Love!!!..

…I wonder if the New Your thing is anything to do with 9/11 security?..I have found American customs really paranoid in the past and have had to ask customers to check their local customs office…not so bad now though, thankfully.