USERVOICE signing in

Has anyone recently tried to log in to the Folksy support Uservoice needed to add a suggested Folksy feature ?

I hadnt been in there at all in recent years but a few weeks ago tried, very hard, but failed to log in using what was obviously my usual email and ‘stored’ password. I gave up trying to do a password reset as the password reset process was ‘dire’ (my best description of the experience) so signed in via Facebook.

Just thought to try it again as something reminded me about Uservoice (which I had not realised was a Thing until Folksy support said it was) and it has been slightly bugging me as to what had changed.
I did get the right screen this time to change my password and after about 10 attempts it stayed there long enough to let me do it so i did…

I was curious as never had this problem as to what Uservoice is.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uservoice-pages-430e1a78-e016-472a-a10f-dc2a3df3450a
I think this may explain why I have been having problems now but didn’t last time, well before 2021, when i last raised a suggestion.
I think it is not me and my password which has inexplicably changed but maybe the connection of Uservoice to Folksy.

Would love to know if anyone else can manage to log in (not using Facebook or Google) who has previously logged in without a problem. ?
Here… if you have never seen this feature before :
https://folksy.uservoice.com/forums/117463-suggested-features

Just tried to sign in and said email incorrect. Not as checked stored passwords etc.

1 Like

That is exactly what I got but I know the email is the correct one as it was prefilled… unless it was still holding my Freeserve address which died about 8 years ago and has suddenly realised i was not longer logged in to that !!!

Morning Joy,

I’ve just tried & it worked fine for me - I wonder if it’s due to the type of machine you use? I’m using Google on a MacBook Air.

Hope this helps by adding to the data pool!

Cheers Lou

The article would suggest that Microsoft have recently removed support which could explain my problem as I use microsoft … windows 10.
I have No memory of ever having to sign in before.
I think though this time around I was trying to access it via my Android phone which had the same problem when I retried on my laptop.

I am using an iPad or iPhone and cannot sign in

I just clicked on the link above and straight in. On laptop and on mobile. Didn’t know that this was a feature so will have to spend some time with it to see what it’s all about. I did have a popup on my laptop asking me about topics that may benefit Folksy. But to be truthful I didn’t take it any further. Just thought it was another pop up as they seem to happen on every page I click on these days.

Do you mean you signed in with Google ?
It’s signing in with User voice which gave me the problem.
Ok with Google or FB.

1 Like

My laptop is set up with automatic Google login and I don’t log in every day so yes, through Google.

UserVoice is a service that a lot of companies use for getting feedback and suggestions, as well as for things like FAQs - basically all of the help section of our site (https://folksy.uservoice.com/) uses UserVoice. Unfortunately this third party service doesn’t link up to your account in the same way as the forum does, and if you want to use a feature that requires logging in, this requires your UserVoice log in rather than your Folksy log in (which unfortunately seems to cause confusion when people wonder why their Folksy log in isn’t working).

If you haven’t used UserVoice before, you can create an account with your email address or use a Facebook or Google account.

There hasn’t been any change to how Folksy and UserVoice work together in all the time I’ve been here, and I’m not aware of any changes at least in the few years before that.
However, as most users aren’t likely to have to log in very often, it may be one that’s easy to forget when email details need updating, or to remember whether an account with an email had been created or if the Facebook/Google option had been selected the previous time.

The article from Microsoft just seems to suggest that they’re no longer using UserVoice to collect their own feedback for their own services. This would in no way affect Folksy’s use of UserVoice, they are a separate company that previously used UserVoice in a similar way to how we use it.

Thanks Kim, I appreciate your explanation. I have though used Uservoice before freely without any problem, multiple times during which period I have changed laptops several times and have never before had my email, password rejected and had no idea when using it that it was not part of the Folksy sign on. If I had had any different password from that I use for Folksy I would have recorded it and I haven’t which is very odd but I did for my first several Folksy years have a different email until Freeserve sadly died.
My email address was prefilled which means that is what i used successfully last time whenever that was for probably a couple of years ago.
Microsoft is sometimes very picky (it will no longer let me attach my gmails to my desktop outlook which is aggravating as i hate on line gmail !) so i do wonder if it is more that than anything else in my case.

Hi ya, yes I’m signing in with Google, might try on my phone later to see if that makes a difference. Cheers Lou