Viewing counter broken?

Hi all,
I just wondered if the viewing counter has broken again, I have checked through the topics and cannot find a mention of it lately, it was showing zero yesterday too which I know wasn’t possible as I had a sale.
I have e mailed support asking if there is a problem with this.
Jenny

2 Likes

Mine says zero too - I hardly bother looking at it anymore, it’s usually either broken or not very useful, so I use GA instead.

Mine says its not update since Thursday 19th and it’s saying zero which it did yesterday and I know that’s not correct.

So yes it’s broken

2 Likes

Mine too. Was getting a bit depressed with the constant zero considering all the promoting I have done so at least this has reassured me somewhat.

1 Like

Mine is zero as well for a couple of days I listed lots of new things as well so was feeling a fed up x

Well at least we know there is a problem with it, I’m not stressing about it being faulty as it’s happened quite a few times in the past, I wonder if just a simple re boot of the system will refresh it all, haha, or a slam on the top of the server unit ( like the old TV sets ) it’s probably a lot more complicated than that?
Jenny

1 Like

Oh that explains it then, it has happened several times before, but I was wondering if it was me!

I don’t bother to look! I look at GA instead, but thats depressing enough without checking the stats on here as well.

It seems to have been broken since Folksy did their maintenance…a few nights ago

I have reported it and got a reply this morning to say thank you for letting us know about it, mine still saying zero at the moment though.
Jenny

Why not just do G.A. instead, that’s not wrong. I have had 1 view this morning. I suppose I should be grateful but somehow feeling a bit angry with the lack of general interest in this site. Unless things dramatically turn around, my shop will not be here next year. I wouldn’t mind if I got views and people just don’t like my work. But, you have to get the visitors first for them to think your work isn’t to their taste. I am on other sites with views and the occasional sale with little or no promotion. Where is it going so wrong here???

1 Like

Mine was showing zero this morning but when I looked just now it is showing 20! Also, has anbody noticed that the
figure showing how many people are viewing the site at any given time has disappeared too?

Jeanie x

No, I hadn’t noticed…but then, I hardly ever see the ‘signed’out’ front page, so I haven’t seen those figures for weeks. I don’t think it was a particularly useful or helpful statistic, so it won’t be missed.

2 Likes

It has indeed gone @thecardjeanie. We tested it and found a lot of people didn’t understand what it meant, ie that it showed the exact number of people on the site at that precise moment, as some people arrived and other people left. So it’s gone.

Personally, I’m quite pleased because I always thought it looked low and didn’t reflect how busy the site actually is. So I’m doing a quiet ‘yey’!