Weekly Art Chat 14th - 20th April 2014

wow lots of chat going on here today …

lots of lovely work too … Love the budgie Stephie :slight_smile:

I’m just off to post my ACEO sale from folksy today and another miniature not from here … back later

Hazel

thanks @SianFolksy I think I will try to just show my latest painting on the “What have you listed today” thread…might be a problem is someone starts a “daily Listing” thread…so we will have to see what happens. I can always delay a listing by one day, so that different ones get shown on different days. I will definitely have to get an idiot book, so that I know which pics I have shared and where…lol.

1 Like

That is beautiful!
I’ve been doing cross stitching for a number of years and have created some very large pieces.
I can appreciate the time and work involved. I don’t think most people realise how time consuming they are.
Is this counted or a stamped one?

1 Like

Brenda I used to keep a spreadsheet with different columns for pics shown on different threads, it was far too complicated! Hope your idiot book method works better than mine did.

Hi everyone, I am here at last too.

2 Likes

Its a lot easier to post photos on here, not sure I’m going to be able to keep track of everything though!

4 Likes

I don’t think I would have room for a spread sheet Stephie…lol…My idiot book is just a small notebook…now if I can only find where it is…ha ha

welcome Tessa…

Lovely penguin Clare :slight_smile:

Thanks Minerva, glad you like it. It’s a counted cross stitch one and the stitches were tiny so sometimes I went a bit wrong now and then!

1 Like

Lovely work everyone, cute budgie Stephie and I really love your cake done in the desert colours on the other forum!

Thanks Margaret, I should show it here too…

I attempted 2 more pudding paintings this afternoon, inspired by a cookbook. It did not go well. I’m not sure whether it’s the paints or the fact that I didn’t actually have a photo in front of me. My first impressions of the paints are that I like the transparent ones (Indian red deep, pthalo sapphire and transparent orange) but really don’t like the fact that both yellows are opaque. The brown is also opaque, and allegedly a staining colour, but I found it lifted quite well - the jury’s still out on that one. I’ll take some photos later, but first I need to make some dinner…

1 Like

I wasn’t too impressed with the yellow colours either. You’ve used the pudding paints very impressively here!

I’ve given up with the old forum, too difficult to have to say everything twice! :smile:

2 Likes

I agree Margaret I’m finding having both forums running hard to keep up where I’ve said what !!! Maybe we should move here now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yoohoo I’m here and have cracked the post a picture thingy, and put my todays listing in the gallery thread, no idea how that will work with the daily listing thread too I don’t want to be feared of spamming lol!

I think maybe I’ll stick to showing new work only in the daily listing as I’ve been there the longest and then show older works to the gallery, that way it will be a while in between posts for the same item to avoid any spamming. I’ll still chat here though and post pics of work in progress etc. you’ll not get rid of me that easily tehe!

2 Likes

I think it’s perfectly legitimate to show the same pic in the gallery or daily listing and on here, they are for different purposes - here we learn from each other and comment on our work.

I don’t tend to look at the gallery, I don’t like being told I can’t comment!lol I understand that it’s for a different purpose than here but it’s not for me, so I don’t see what you post there. I think it’s time to abandon the old forum now that we’re all here. Hopefully the sooner everyone posts here then the old forum will die a natural death as it becomes unused.

Sounds like a good plan Margaret to move over here :slight_smile:

I post in the gallery as well as here as some people don’t want to read through the chat.

I’ll probably post the same pics in here and in the daily listing club as I want to talk about my most recent work in here, and I want to promote it in the daily listing club. And I’ll put oldies in the gallery.

I’m redoing the puddings - I got cross with the earlier attempts and blacked them out in a fit of pique :’( There’ll be a yummy strawberry crumble and a red berry upside down pudding coming up later :smile:

2 Likes

Total agreement with making this not just the first stop but the only stop from tomorrow… I like the gallery page as it’s good just to see what people are up to - I like looking at other people’s work.

Morning everyone, hope you are all well, anyone like to take a guess at which book todays book page scrap came from?

1 Like