Weekly Art Chat Thread W/C 28th April

Did you all see the thread/hear the news about Internet Explorer? Best not to use it at the moment.

Glad your dentist appointment went Ok Margaret, have an early night, you deserve it.

Tessa I use chrome by preference. I did read the thread but have completely forgotten what it said :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice photo Trevor

I use Chrome as wellā€¦always had problems with IEā€¦what did the news say?
No painting todayā€¦driving around all afternoonā€¦
Margaret I hope that is the implants finished and done withā€¦poor youā€¦thank goodness the day is over for you.

Definitely an early night for me. Mumā€™s new blender broke when she was liquidizing tonightā€™s stew. One of the plastic components got into the blender itself and got mashed.up with the meal!. She got upset but Iā€™ve ordered a new one to replace it which should come soon. Never a dull moment in our house.
Brenda Iā€™ll finally get my new tooth around mid May.

Hereā€™s the link I put here this morning about is:

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/internet-explorer-users-risk-major-071209161.html

Nasty, horrible thing IEā€¦

Thatā€™s why I couldnā€™t remember what the problem was, the article didnā€™t say. Not losing my mind after all :smiley:

Evening all, not long home girly night out after work, had a lovely time :). Am loving all the miniatures around, not tried one yet but itā€™s on my to do list. Personally I would opt for balsa wood as itā€™s a hardwood, So would be strong enough for mini easels, Iā€™m sure I have seen it in hobby craft in the dolls house, train set building sections.

Night all and I hope you have a good night Margaret catch up on lost sleep :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use Chrome too but occasionally IE

just put this one in my shopā€¦(purple rules)

1 Like

Morning, newly listed today

http://folksy.com/items/6051921-ACEO-Ink-Art-Fantasy-Butterfly

back after work.

2 Likes

Morning Max, that is lovely I do like your ink work :smile:

I may take some pictures of the small paintings I had ā€œon my deskā€ yesterday and list them, but for now this is one of my ACEOā€™s this is one I did in wax on a semi sheen card ā€¦ I do like trying out different supports for the wax, it works well on some Matt surfaces as well as the gloss ā€¦ I do like this little series of one colour pieces I have been doing too, great fun with my heat tools and tiny stylus nib ā€¦

4 Likes

There is a bit of

ā€œnow you see it ā€¦ now you donā€™tā€

going on here today, my flower was there, then it wasnā€™t then its back again ā€¦

Iā€™ll be glad when some of the wrinkles are ironed out in the new forum :smile:

I could do with some wrinkes ironingā€¦

Morning ladies, nice worksā€¦ I have two new ACEOs for today, the first is close to home at Herne Bay, a nice genteel, Victorian town where all the elderly people move to live - itā€™s known in some quarters as Bungaland as there are so many bungalows thereā€¦ :slight_smile: The second is somewhere in the Pickering area of Yorkshire, but not being local to the area I donā€™t have a clue as to the name of the placeā€¦

You all have a nice day nowā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

Reminds me of my childhood ā€¦ we use to holiday in Yorkshire ā€¦

I am busy listing my small pictures ā€¦ these three miniatures now online in my shop here ā€¦

Now to list a few slightly bigger ones ā€¦

1 Like

Very quiet in here this morning ā€¦ are you all painting

Iā€™m busy listing ā€¦ just listed a sunflower ACEO and I have a monochrome still to do but this is my latest ā€¦ do you remember it ? Iā€™ve given it a bit of a make over ā€¦ I think it was @StephanieGuy who suggested having someone sitting under the tree ā€¦ thank you Stephie.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll busy it up a bitā€¦ love that last one of yours Hazelā€¦

hereā€™s another new one from me - a great gift for anyone into nostalgia and lorries - itā€™s an A4 Gicleeā€¦

2 Likes

You see, I was here SO early this morning, that you all missed meā€¦ha ha
Great work everyone

As well as my felt work I paint and sell my work in galleries and online. Nowadays I generally paint in winter months and felt in the summer when itā€™s easier to get it dry. I only have one print of my paintings on Folksy just now but that will increase as the winter work gets photographed :o)
This is my portrait of one of my dogs, Chester Pug.

Now I have shown it ā€¦I wonder how to list !!! Are there any details I can follow folks? I need advice please, make it easy for me.This will be my first try since the change overā€¦Jeanie x

Hazel your paintings look stunning against a plain dark background. Really sets them off well.
Jeanie I am wondering the same myself. Stephie suggested long titles .