Weekly Art Chat w/c 21st July ..... come on in and see whats going on

Those herbs look stunning framed like that! :smile:

Iā€™m intruiged about the ā€˜dinning roomā€™ you have, is it somewhere you make a lot of noise? lol

1 Like

Lol Margaret - the wonders of predictive text - I am bad at not reading what Iā€™ve written and using the phone is especially bad !!! I type all sorts of weird stuff lol

They do look good donā€™t they, the photo isnā€™t wonderful the wall is a light green colour really and even thought Iā€™m my own worse cryptic I really like these, did them in 2011 so they have been there a long time now and I am still happy with them !!! I do tend to change things around a lot but they are staying put :slight_smile:

Off to make some noise :slight_smile:

Quiet in here today, is everyone wilting in the heat?

I am !!!

Did my cooking early and did a little weeding but itā€™s too hot !!! just had a ice lolly which was nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve just been swimming, nice and cooling.

1 Like

Do felt pictures count as art?!

5 Likes

Evening all, phew itā€™s hot hot hot! Lovely herbs Hazel, and Roz felt art most certainly counts :), lovely work

Lovely poppies Roz!

Great poppies Roz @Rozcraftz and welcome to Art chat :smile:

I have been having getting my new listing to work today ā€¦ finally managed it :smile:

Its a another set from me today ā€¦ 3 Pinks this time, would look great in a triple frame ā€¦

http://folksy.com/items/6490806-Pinks-3-Paintings-Pink-Carnations-Original-Art-In-Wax-

Hope you all have a good day ā€¦ Iā€™m off to the post and waitrose this morning, so catch up with all your art later.

Hazel

1 Like

Very pretty pinks Hazel. Enjoy your day. Itā€™s month end for us, yes I know itā€™s only the 23rd but itā€™s the month end deadline for us today so that means lots of work! :smile:

Hi Margaret hope your month end goes OK and itā€™s not tooooo hot in the office, Iā€™m back from shopping and it is very humid here today which I find hard work !!!

Iā€™m quite happy that the software I need to use for month end isnā€™t working on my computer today. It gives me the excuse to go and work next door, where they have air conditioning, bliss! :smile:

I would imagine that this hot weather isnā€™t very good for working with wax, whether itā€™s encaustic work or artbars. I think my artbars have probably melted by now!lol

1 Like

My wax is OK it takes a lot to melt it but itā€™s too hot for me ! When I have the hot plate, hot air and irons out my little studio area gets very warm, I have a window open as itā€™s essential to have ventilation working with hot wax but there is no breeze here !!! I can sometimes get in a painting session early in the day but by mid morning its too much at the moment.

I have been busy with web work and doing jobs around the house this week as we have visitors coming at the weekend but Iā€™ll be painting again soon :slight_smile:

Good you can use an office with air con. Margaret :slight_smile: I have a fan in my office but itā€™s not the same !!

5 Likes

Very pretty scene Brenda, I bet it looks even better in real life, itā€™s hard to show glitter in a photo.

Waving everyone :slight_smile:

Itā€™s been a beautiful day here, Iā€™ve been out catching some sunshine, got to make the most of it while itā€™s around!

Hereā€™s a brusho painting I did this morning

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10565240_253332778211189_3602741643902344752_n.jpg?oh=25cec42c291ae84a328cca2be66af8b4&oe=543CA12B

When it goes well it goes really really well, but I had 3 failures for this one success. Itā€™s so easy to make mud - the brusho flecks are so tiny you canā€™t see them, so when I tried to put orange next to purple that was already down, the tiny stray purple flecks mixed with the orange and made a horrible shade of yuck. I think the trick will be to let each stage dry then brush the page thoroughly with a dry brush before adding the next colour. Not sure Iā€™m that patient lol I might just have to work with colours that donā€™t mix to mud!

2 Likes

Brenda, I love your acrylic paintings, so pretty! This one is gorgeous too.

Lovely butterfly Stephie, I think Iā€™ve gone off the idea of buying Brusho, might buy a bigger tin of artbars or inktense blocks, not decided which yet, not tried the blocks yet, so I need to find out which I prefer.

Iā€™ve spent the evening in the garden in the shade, itā€™s cooler out there than in the house!

Evening all, am waiting for the bus had a lovely evening with friends and only just found out they changed the bus times :frowning: so Iā€™ve an extra half hour wait!

Beautiful butterflies today Brenda and stephie :slight_smile: don t blame you in this heat Margaret itā€™s still very hot here too

Good Morning All :smile:

This is a new lisitng from me today :smile:
http://folksy.com/items/6491787-River-Landscape-Small-Original-Art-that-sits-on-a-shelf-like-an-ornament

If you would like to watch me paint a similar picture I did a ā€œspeed paintingā€ video last year ā€¦ watch it here http://youtu.be/TZKLC2YQdTI?list=UUDKH88Y6Us4TJcDeFzEkLFA

Hope you all have a good day

Hazel

2 Likes

Morningā€¦a cartoon from me today

1 Like

she is great fun Brenda :slight_smile: