Weekly Art Chat w/c 23rd June

not sure where I will put a mouse , as my laptop really IS a laptop…I have a padded tray on my lap and no room for a mouse. However, I sit on a sofa and so I might be able to put a book next to me and put the mouse on that…it will be trial and error…

1 Like

Morning, waving hi to everyone, Brenda maybe one of the wire free mice would help my son’s got one of those for his laptop, with no wire you could have the mouse where it was comfortable then.

I have some good news to share something that’s been a bit rare for me this year :), you may remember that my job was a bit precarious and we were told there would be a new structure and we’d likely have to apply for jobs, well yesterday just before I left work one of the more senior managers asked to have a chat and has offered me a job in her team on the same grade, I am thrilled to bits! it’s an area of work I have always wanted to go into and suits my background perfectly. Now all we need to do is get Dad home from hospital (they are saying it’s going to be at least another month :frowning: !) and all will be well.

New listing
http://folksy.com/items/6210201-ACEO-Miniature-Collage-Dragonfly-Illustration-on-Vintage-Book-Scrap-Free-UK-P-P

back later

2 Likes

Congratulations Max! And that aceo is so pretty, you have a real talent for collage.

That’s great news Max :slight_smile:

Morning @StephanieGuy Stephie :slight_smile: how are you finding artfinder? I looked the other day and I couldn’t get past the home page - do you have to join been to browse the art for sale?

I’m busy today - loads of emails to answer - getting some amazing feedback so far on my videos, so lots of online stuff to answer today so no painting for me today maybe next week, we have a family celebration tomorrow lunch time so I have cooking to do too !!!

Wishing you all a great day, I’ll pop back later to see all your lovely work

Hazel

1 Like

My first aceo for a few months …trying out some new textured art card,feels strange to use!!
Have a good day everyone!! Jeanie x

2 Likes

Congrats Max on the job front, must be a huge weight of your mind. Hope your Dad improves too, that must be a worry.

Hazel, I had to sign up to Artfinder to find Stephie’s work to follow it.

Jeanie, that’s a gorgeous ACEO, that must seem quite big to you now after all the miniatures you’ve been doing.

1 Like

Yes! you are right Magaret it did feel huge, but I suppose I would get used to that size again! Jeanie x

1 Like

Quiet here today! I’m waiting on tenterhooks to see if the Derwent Art Academy accept my oil pastel picture and what my choices will be of free pencils! :smile:

1 Like

new oil paintings recently completed. Feeling the coast vibe here in Cornwall :slight_smile: lovely work everyone! :smiley: xx

2 Likes

Lovely colourful crab Jannine, and I love the beach scene, especially the sky!

Welcome to the art chat thread! :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks Margaret so its a closed site … be interested to hear how you get on Stephie I am currently looking at another online art site but too busy at the moment to make any big decisions and take on yet another area to promote etc.

Yes very quiet in here today, I have been busy helping my sister with her website, she makes handmade wedding party cards and I’ve been re-branding her website this afternoon ready for some new changes later this summer :slight_smile:

Hi Jannine and welcome … lovely Crab :slight_smile:

Hazel

2 Likes

welcome Jannine, glad to see that you found us.

2 Likes

I’ve done a little more of my frilly tulips (remember them?) Many stages to go yet!lol

3 Likes

Welcome jannine, your beach scene is gorgeous, I’m partial to a nice beach :slight_smile:

Margaret your tulips are progressing well, lots of patience required!

It’s early days yet on artfinder, I’ll let you know as and when I make a sale. It’s worth a go as they don’t charge listing fees and they promote on fb and twitter. Final sale fees work out at around 40%. But since anything bigger than a6 doesn’t really sell on here it’s worth a try.

We’ve been out visiting Leeds uni today, I have 2 new sketches, one of our northern heritage, and one of the pennines. Will photograph and show you tomorrow, I’m tired now.

3 Likes

Jeanie your landscape is lovely. I have terrible difficulty with painting landscapes out of my head. …No trouble if it’s in front of me, I just have an appalling lack of imagination hehe

1 Like

I know what you mean Stephie, I struggle to paint from my imagination, not very good at it!

2 Likes

evening all waving hi, rather pooped tonight and I still have to price up some books for tomorrow fair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Evening all. Hi Jannine, you have some lovely paintings in your shop.
Your tulips are coming along really well Margaret.I love that kind of tulip and have grown different varieties of them in the garden and painted them on silk. They don’t usually repeat flower.
Great news about ur job Max.
Do you have to pay to sign up to list work with Artfinder Stephie?

It’s free to join Tessa and free to list, you have to submit a portfolio and be accepted as an artist but I can’t see you having any problems on that front! I got your pm thanks and will reply soon, things are a bit hectic here atm.

2 Likes

Can anyone recommend a size 0 or 1 fan brush that doesn’t separate when wet? I need to blend acrylics and oils on a dolls house scale.

1 Like