Weekly art chat wc 16th June

Beautiful kingfisher, Tessa! I’ve been lucky enough to see one in real life a couple of times over the years.
Here’s a painting I did of Windermere, sketched in situ from Rayrigg…

http://folksy.com/items/6328871-ACEO-Original-Windermere-sunset-from-Rayrigg-watercolour

4 Likes

Beautiful kingfisher Tessa,
Lovely colours in your landscape Pam

3 Likes

Hello again all. Just back from the printers with Margaux the MGB. Their scanned files are soooooo much better than anything I can produce. I’ve updated a couple of my photos in the shop with them and will use them to have some cards printed later. Margaux goes to her owner (with an extra print) on Thursday so I’ll be able to list her as a limited edition print then.

Astounded as usual Stephie and Pam that you can paint so beautifully on such a small scale. Stunning Kingfisher Tessa - I love the silk paintings, they are so vibrant. We have a Nuthatch and some baby Greater Spotted Woodpeckers on the bird feeders at the moment - more inspiration.

Thanks all for your encouragement on the Water Lily Pond - I’m quite pleased with how it’s coming on. Lots of friends have said they like to see the WIP and it helps me to look at things objectively as well.

Happy painting

Gaynor

4 Likes

Tessa, we have often had children and interested adults up here to watch the badgers…and the badger watch people came up and filmed them.
Just seen an ad on tv for the “other side” now THAT is what Folksy needs to do. Sadly I think it might be too expensive for them to even consider. I am sure lots of people would love Folksy and would buy from here if only they KNEW about it…

3 Likes

Gorgeous kingfisher Tessa, and that’s a lovely sunset Pam.

Quite excited today, we’ve got new neighbours after the house next door has been empty for 6 months. There’s a middle aged couple and some young teenage children who look very well behaved (so far!)

2 Likes

Folksy don’t have anything like the budget of the other side, it’s a much smaller site altogether. They’d have to charge you all a lot more to afford TV advertising!

1 Like

That must be a relief to know that you have nice neighbours and that the house will be occupied again. It’s amazing how quickly an empty house can deteriorate.

It’s a shame folksy don’t have the budget for tv ads. On the other hand, etsy is very big and it’s too easy to get lost over there.

Margaret have you done lesson 4 yet? I’m just about to watch the video now.

1 Like

I’ve watched the video and am going to do the cockerel, but not tonight. I’ve been out gardening, and now I want to watch that programme about tigers on BBC2. I also need to find my colour pencils. I know where my watercolour pencils are, but I have some ordinary ones somewhere. Alternatively I could use my polychromos pencils, they’re good.

1 Like

Yes I’m going to do the cockerel too, mainly because I don’t have any black paper.

1 Like

Thankfully Connor doesn’t have any exams, his IT/computer programming course is coursework based.

I’d love to see a kingfisher.

I will have to list the racoon tomorrow, today just flew by!!

2 Likes

morning, waving ho to everyone :smile:

1 Like

Morning Max…lovely day here in South Wales…the sea is glistening and Devon is clear across the bay…aaah…
Just listed this one.

4 Likes

Morning everyone. Hubbie is away for work this week so lots of lovely peace and quiet for painting!

Happy Tuesday

Gaynor

1 Like

Happy Tuesday everyone. Lovely scene Brenda. Beautiful sunny day here. I may be stuck at my desk but I can see our lake from here, with beautiful fields and cattle grazing. I’m very lucky! :smile:

2 Likes

Margaret you are so lucky to work in such a beautiful spot with such lovely colleagues.

Gorgeous scene Brenda

Waving to everyone else! I’m off to finish that diddy peacock next, once I’ve made my morning coffee that is.

2 Likes

Woohooo I’ve made it into the featured items on the front page!!! At one point this morning I had three items on there - one was the most loved, one recently loved, and one featured :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Well done Stephie! :smile:

2 Likes

well done Stephie…I manage to get on the front page for about 30 seconds a day now…when I list an item…so at least that is an improvement for me…lol…
waving to everyone…

2 Likes

I imagine you’ll be appearing at intervals throughout the day when people like your paintings too Brenda.

1 Like

I’ve tried liking a couple of Brenda’s today to get her on the front page but it hasn’t worked yet!

1 Like