Weekly art chat wc 16th June

Margaret it’s a bit random, and they seem to appear around 4 to 8 minutes after they’ve been liked. I’m sure it will have helped!

1 Like

Just sold this inchie :slight_smile: I have another one fairly similar to list tomorrow.

2 Likes

thanks Margaret…I live in hope…
Stephie,…love the colours…we are all getting addicted to “miniature”…I don’t think I could paint “large” any more…

1 Like

Fab peacock Stephie, congrats on the sale!

2 Likes

Quiet here tonight. I’ve not done any painting but am working on
my tiger head cross stitch.

1 Like

Morning all…hope Max is ok…she is usually first up…although when I tried to come on here earlier they were doing maintenance and so I couldn’t list. All done now and this is a larger version of my fantasy sky…“shooting stars”

1 Like

Miniatures are lovely , I saw an exhibition of artworks that been done on those sugar sachets which you get in coffee shops, must be a trend now, lol, no wonder they are popular, well obviously also because your work is brill too Stephanie, :slight_smile:
I’ve had, got a busy week so not online much till weekend but hopefully will do some art if I get a moment, have a lovely day everyone.
Ooh nice work Brenda, very colorful

1 Like

Morning all. Brenda that is absolutely fab!

1 Like

Good morning! I took myself off to bed last night with a headache at 7. Seems to have done the trick :slight_smile:

Love that galaxy Brenda, very colourful.

Lol Ema, that’ll be a first if I’ve caught on to a tend while it’s actually happening!

Waving Margaret

Back later with some new inchies.

1 Like

Glad to hear your headache has gone Stephie, enjoy your day.

I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before, but today at lunchtime I’m taking a gang of colleagues for a walk round the lake where I saw the kingfisher earlier this week. This isn’t the main lake we see out of the window but another lake they’ll never have seen before, it’s in thick woodland and can only be seen from the air. I only found it because I’d seen it on a map! Should be fun as it’s a lovely day, I just hope they’re ready for the kind of woodland terrain I’m used to walking in! lol

2 Likes

That sounds lovely Margaret, I hope the sun shines for you :smile:

Here’s one of my new inchies. Must dash now, school run is calling…

http://folksy.com/items/6340321-Landscape-Painting-Inchie-Inchies-Dolls-House-Original-Miniature-Art

2 Likes

That’s very beautiful Stephie, love it!

1 Like

I’ve updated some of my inchie photos, using the lighter coloured pebble instead of the dark one. I think it makes quite a big difference, and they sit better alongside my other photos now.

http://folksy.com/items/6326781-Landscape-Painting-Inchie-Inchies-Original-Miniature-Art

http://folksy.com/items/6326791-Trees-in-the-Landscape-Painting-Inchie-Inchies-Original-Miniature-Art

1 Like

You posted at the same time as me!lol I agree the light pebble does show them off well.

2 Likes

How was your lunch time walk Margaret? I have a friend who’s job is to organise, publicise and then supervise historical walks for the general public, he’s one of the happiest men I know!

1 Like

It went well thanks! 6 of us went, and apart from a few complaints about nettles it was enjoyed by all! :smile: We’ll meet up again to walk through the local Windmill Wood next week.

1 Like

Hi all. it’s mega quiet in here.
Glad your walk went well Margaret.
The pale pebble makes a good background Stephie.
How are the cocks going? I did the tit. I thought it looked easier and I had some black paper that doesn’t get used.
I’ve been doing a lot in the garden this pm while the sun’s out.
3 busy days coming up with classes Fri am’s will be plein air, and on Fri pm a trip to the Royal Academy to see the Summer Exhibition. I would like to see the Pastel Society exhibition at the Mall Galleries but I don’t think we’ll have time for both.
Sat am I have a silk painting class.

2 Likes

I re listed this today but with a new photo

1 Like

Yes it’s super quiet this week Tessa. I submitted a very colourful cockerel, wasn’t at all inspired by the black one. Just submitted my trees too so hopefully I’ll be able to do the last exercise tomorrow.

Your dragonfly pendant is very beautiful, peach is one of my fave colours.

1 Like

That’s beautiful Tessa, very pretty.

I’m thinking of starting the cockerel tonight, but it’s a bit too hot in here for me, so might end up just having a nap!lol

I’ve got a day off tomorrow so could do it then and I’d like to do some more of my tulips. A lot depends on the weather.

2 Likes