Weekly Natterings beg. 1st Sept

Good afternoon,

Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 hope the flat works out! I’ve just done a 180 mile round trip to York to drop off my daughter at her new house for uni - not a good idea after yesterday’s yoga class! She’s stayed behind to unpack, but will be back down later tonight by train. I ought to be getting a bunch of items ready to sell, but …

Rhiannon @RhiannonRoseJewellery sounds like you need a sit down.
Today didn’t quite go to plan. We got all the way to the flat when I got a text message saying the man who lives there had to go to work for an emergency.
We looked outside looks nice and it within walking distance of the OH work.
We have rearranged to go see either Friday or Saturday.
But the man was very apologetic. So fingers crossed for when we do see it.

Well, I had my sit down thank you Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880. I decided to take the afternoon off and watch some rubbish TV that was cluttering up the hard drive whilst knitting for my not-yet-born granddaughter. I have to say it was the best time I’ve had for ages! I will keep everything crossed for you Friday and Saturday: you will get your new place soon!

Awwwww thank you.
Glad you got a sit down @RhiannonRoseJewellery. sounds like a good afternoon. I have made some Christmas stuff but not liking my photos. Think I may pinch my sisters camera tomorrow and have a play.

These are my latest wineglass charms.

1 Like

Hi all - shame about the flat Dawn @hobbitgirlie1880 but fingers crossed for the weekend. Glad you’ve had a relaxing day Rhiannon @RhiannonRoseJewellery - is this your daughters first year at Uni? I tried to persuade my two to look at York but for some reason they weren’t interested, shame its such a lovely town.

I’ve had the day off work but to be honest I haven’t done much. Spent this afternoon trying to get a few more bits together to send down to the Christmas shop that is taking some of my things. Trouble is it involves all sorts of labelling and different packaging. Normally at a craft fair I can either just talk to people about my makes or put one big notice with price and details on and online everything is on the listing but when it goes in a shop each item has to be labelled separately and packaged so that it can be examined properly. Takes for ages - I have had to laminate all the labels to make sure they are durable - I still have to put the codes and prices on. So far I am about half way there but I still have to make a few things yet!

Hi Roz @Rozcraftz, no it’s her second year (and her brother was there for 4 years before that). I feel that my car knows the way to York now on its own. The worst part is the miles of roadworks on the M1, which have been there for nearly a year now, down to a crawl at 50 for ages. Still, at least dropping her stuff off today means I don’t have to race to do it once I’ve gone back to school (probably good as we are expecting Ofsted before Christmas). I am now going to try to list something on Folksy, and then that will be my chores done for the day!

I’ve been having a play with some more Christmas ideas - made up this coaster. Was thinking maybe matching placemats and coasters and maybe a table runner. Not sure when I will get time to make them though!

3 Likes

One down and one to go!
Just taken daughter No.1 back to boarding school, very hard as she is such a home bird.
Now have to get son No 1 off to Uni, but have a week or so to spare.
So have been busy knitting and have listed 2 more hotties, and will photograph a new coat hanger when the sun decides to shine again.
Glad to see everyone else is manic with uni runs life and crafting, makes me feel in good company!
Early to bed, then tomorrow could be rather more productive, than the last few that have been dedicated to the children.
Good night
Suzzie x

:slight_smile: My daughter didn’t really come home from Uni this summer. She visited for a few days a couple of times but I don’t think this sleepy village life has much to offer her after the bright lights of the city! I do miss her but she costs a fortune when she is home and is quite high maintenance. Currently doing all the Uni open days for daughter number 2 who is hoping to go next year - then I’ll be at a loss as to what to do with myself!

Well the early to bed bit, didn’t work out, but sun is shining, washing pegged out, and here I am talking to you lot with a cuppa tea. I am even up before the guinea pig!
So what to do today, might tackle the old strawberry bed, need to pot up all the runners for new plants. Have new coat hanger to photo and list, so that’s today pretty much spoken for because undoubtedly No1 teenage son will have a request for my time. But then I can knit!
s

Hi all.
I’m currently on bus number two. I’m surrounded by kids and it’s very noisy.
As you may have gathered I missed my normal bus.
Number 1 bus got delayed as a different bus broke down.
I,should already be at my sisters but now.
Bet she is going to be grumpy when I get there. Ops :*)

Well as you may have gathered I’m looking after my nephews today.
But I was clever and.toke photos yesterday so I can play with them and get afew bits listed later.

Good morning. I am going off on a quick visit to see my Dad and sister today, back early tomorrow. Am hoping to get my shop rebranded sometime in the next few days so lots of work to do then :smile:

morning all

1st time in the chat , well only just joined Folksy and listing like mad. Holiday washing in and hoping to hang out in an hour, lets hope the rain doesn’t come like yesterday!

Then its knitting time !

I really like your shop Sandra @sandranesbitt your knitting is beautiful. Hope/ know you will do well, nice to have you on board our weekly natterings about nothing and life.
s

ah , thanks Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE . I hope I do well too. Been selling on the Et… site now for a few years but I have stock over running the house now so time to start selling like mad. Plus have lots of new ideas just waiting to be worked on.

well washing out , dog walked , coffee brewed , time to knit

be back later

Feeling jealous of all of you who have washing out. It’s cold and wet up here, so no chance of getting my washing on the line. It was so cold earlier I had to dig out a fleece top to go out with the dogs this morning. Just had a nice hot cuppa and have loved and pinned all the gorgeous items on the September Stars thread. Must try and stop reading this forum and get on with some Christmassy crafting :grinning:

I’ve done nothing today except walked the dog (and chatted on phone :blush: ) seems about lunch time now, so vacuuming will have to wait.

1 Like

Today, hasnt actually gone as planned, after I said good morning to you all at 7ish, I fell asleep, and didnt wake until 9.28am!!! arghhhhh!!!
But shortly after that I had a lovely surprise, a sale! yipeeeee! but alas no payment as yet, so I have emailed the customer, and will wait and see.
I just managed to get the washing dry on the line before the rain came, scuppering all thoughts of working on the lottie, if the sun shines this afternoon, I may get down there, however it is such a much better idea to stay in and knit, may have to replace my sale item!
I cant vacuum either Sarah @plainprimitives as teenagers playing monopoly on the lounge floor! Shame.
But lunch time it is, so will speak later
Suzzie x

Lol, I’ve done the big ASDA shop and taken my daughter shopping this afternoon. I think that her comments about the fit of the jeans I was trying on may have caused a few raised eyebrows in M&S!

1 Like

Good afternoon all. I haven’t posted on this thread yet this week. It’s been a crazy busy couple of days, but I’m all caught up now :slight_smile: So I’m making scarves and listening to Tubular bells 2 in my onsie as it’s freezing here too :frowning:
Speaking of scarves and onsies, has anyone heard from Kelly @tagpress yet? I hope she is ok!
Donna x