What do you need & want from a redesigned reviews/feedback system

100% with you on these points Helen. xx

2 Likes

I think you have covered everything there and it definately reads better than my communications lol, I agree about seperating the buyer and seller feedbacks as well as I do find it confusing that they are all listed together so that would be a vast improvement. :grinning:

2 Likes

Maybe you could split feedback into 2 or 3 separate parts - a bit like ebay does but more friendly.

1. a review of the item purchased
  2. shipping
  3. speed of despatch

So much negative feedback seems to involve something we don’t have any control over - like the postal services.

If you use a star system please don’t give the stars silly descriptions like Etsy does - most people know what the stars mean. Personally I don’t like a stars system - it’s OK for items like electrical goods etc but handmade is much more subjective.

Make it easy to leave feedback and any email chasers should be friendly and inviting - telling the buyers how much we sellers appreciate their reviews.

Please don’t do an Etsy and bung the reviews in the middle of the item description. Folksy is such a clean, nice site to look at so a tab somewhere obvious would probably work.

1 Like

Karen

Sorry I don’t fancy the idea of splitting the feedback at all and would prefer to say please Don’t do an Ebay and ask for separate feedbacks on different areas … such as those you’ve suggested.
They aggravate me completely and I rarely bother with feedback at all if I have to tick lots of boxes.
If you think that some purchases are perhaps a single birthday card, asking a customer to fill out a ‘questionnaire’ feedback on it will mean No feedback at all.

I don’t see how you can grade ‘shipping’. The customer should get the shipping they paid for and speed of despatch can be confused too.
I often forget to tick orders as posted (not done today’s 2 orders yet but they’ve been at the post office 2 hours) and the customer sometimes gets the package before I say I’ve despatched it… but they will have had an order acknowledgment from me which specifies when and how I was posting it so I only really hit the posted button against the orders …because otherwise they sit at the top of my order list looking reproachfully at me !

I’d like to see the feedback I leave as a buyer separated from the feedback I receive as a seller, too. It may be something only I can see, not visible to a possible buyer, but it would be my preference to have them split, if that’s possible.

It’s very nice to have feedback, so if some way were found to encourage people to come back onto Folksy and leave it once they’ve got their item, that would be lovely. If guests could leave without joining, then even better. I’m not a signer-up for websites unless I use it a LOT, so I can understand why people wouldn’t want to do this. Allowing them to leave feedback with their email (not visible to anyone but admin) would work, wouldn’t it? We can’t force them to use it, but if it’s made as easy as possible then there’s a chance they’ll think “oh what the heck, it’ll take ten seconds” and do it.

2 Likes

Yes, me too! I can’t seem to find feedback either! Just somewhere more prominent would be great!

1 Like

Just keep it as simple as possible… making it really clear where to leave it.
As a buyer…I don’t even like the “out of ten score” that pops up about the Folksy experience…I hate feeling forced into having to leave feedback about anything.
I know this may sound rude of me but I can be absolutely over the moon, dancing around the room with glee at my Folksy purchase and then still forget to leave feedback when my mind wanders onto something else. I will normally remember at some point to go and show the love but just because I haven’t done it straight away doesn’t mean I wasn’t really pleased with the item or service.
I don’t like the idea of reminder e-mails or a star rating.
Sometimes my buyers don’t leave feedback for 6 months!
I just don’t think the customer should feel at all hassled or inconvenienced… just make it easy to find and if they want to leave feedback, they will (maybe, eventually!)

3 Likes

I’m not saying this is what I want either. Just trying to throw a few ideas in the pot for general discussion. We all seem to know what we don’t want but it’s difficult sometimes to decide what we do want.
I’ve seen feedback where the buyer has just commented (complained) on the postal service which is something we have no control over - this is why I thought it could possibly be split from a review of the item bought.

2 Likes