What system do you use for direct to recipient?

Hi -

I’d like to make more of a feature / selling point that I can send direct to recipient as I will be unploading a launching some gift boxes soon.

Is there a box somewhere that I can tick during the listing process which creates the option and means that the buyer can give the recipients name, address and a message to go in a card as part of the purchase process?

Or is it ad hoc?

Do you get then to put the details in the Notes to Seller at the check out? Is that box limited in characters? Or get them to email you with the info?

I have done a search in the forum and nothing came up ther than people offer that service.

Thanks, Gillian

1 Like

Fairly new to Folksy, but belueve you can do that in add variation, once you have uploaded your listing.
I read about it and saw a vid in the Folksy blog.
Here’s the link.
https://blog.folksy.com/2018/10/16/how-to-use-variations-on-folksy

1 Like

As @mrspinscraftsupplies said you should be able to add this under variations and the customer can add the details in notes to seller, I don’t think there’s a limit to characters but I know I’ve used this box for the someone’s address etc. I guess it might also be an idea to confirm with the buyer but email that the details are correct. There’s also a label which Folksy provide you can add to your item photos that says ‘can send direct to recipient’, you do this through Canva. I’ll see if I can find the info for you.

1 Like

Ok, I’ve had a quick look and I can only find the Christmas market templates which does include the direct to recipient logo. I know Folksy want you to use their templates so that everything is consistent.

Here’s the link Join our Christmas 2023 events | Folksy Blog

If you scroll down you’ll find the link to the templates.

I hope this helps

Payment processors (paypal/ stripe) require you to send to the delivery address specified at check out for you to be covered by the payment protection. If your customer has specified an alternate delivery address in either the message to seller box or via a variation text box then you are running a risk if you ship it to that address and they then open a non delivery case against you (stripe/ paypal wouldn’t have any evidence of the alternate address request). I use my shop announcement to say that I can ship direct to a gift recipient and that they need to specify the recipients address at check out. I’d also recommend using a tracked (tracked 24, track 48 or special delivery) when sending direct to a gift recipient so that they buyer can see that it has arrived.
Variations are a good way of adding on an optional gift box - remember to check if the gift box changes the postage size class (from eg large letter to small parcel) and add in the price difference as part of the variations.

4 Likes

thanks for the link! will investigate!

thanks for sharing the templates. I’ll have to see if I can schedule the time to re-edit photos!

Thanks for clarifying where the customer needs to put the recipient address. They are gift sets rather than an add on of a gift box and I wouldnt charge extra for a message in a card so I guess I could either use a variation to get the message the customer wants in the card or get them to put that in the notes at check out? Thanks again.

For the gift message I’d get them to use the notes to seller box. (I’ve vague memories about listings with variations not pulling over to Facebook properly if Folksy are running a promotion/ ad but I might be misremembering) If the recipient’s name doesn’t match the buyer’s name and there is no message in the note to seller box you can always drop them an email to double check that they don’t want a message included.

1 Like

During COVID lockdown I sent several orders to the buyers friends or family for gifts and they generally contacted me beforehand but a few put it in the notes section when ordering. I did at that time have a piece in my announcements at the top of the page to say I could send to recipient, but you could put it in the actual listing and tell them to select variations or to put the new contact details in the notes section of the order.

thanks for sharing how you’ve done it!

I have the option of direct to recipient on my letterbox gifts, I do use variations for cards etc but I have a note in the description asking them to leave a message at checkout of recipients, name, address etc and of any message they want me to add to the card. They do usually put the shipping address as that of the recipients.
I havn’t had any problems and have also sent bears and kits direct on behalf of the buyer.
There is also a note in my shop announcement

1 Like

thank you to everyone for your input - I’ve begin listing the gift sets!

1 Like