What's for tea/dinner/supper tonight?

Ohhh I had stew and dumplings the other night lovely warming foods. I am a bit rubbish at doing a variety of foods and seem to stick to the same things so need to invest in something to vary my dinners.

No Iā€™m not overly fond of British food and only eat chicken, minced turkey and lots of fish :slight_smile: I think OH was in shock for the first year or so we were together as he does love a steak :slight_smile: We have recently substituted normal potatoes with sweet potatoes, there is so much you can do with them and theyā€™re so much nicer :slight_smile:
We raid wing yip the Chinese wholesalers in Birmingham on a regular basis so eat a lot of Asian inspired food, but recently Iā€™ve been cooking a lot of Mediterranean inspired food, grilled fish, roasted veg and so on.

mmm, might have to have dumplings with my slow cooked beef and lentils

1 Like

Smoked Haddock (one of my favourites) new potatoes & broccoli! :slight_smile:

My hubby has just put some braised steak in the oven, and now he has gone ā€œto his roomā€, our workroom, to play with a ā€œthingyā€ he bought this morning, donā€™t ask what it is, as itā€™s a man thingy bought from a diving equipment shop, for recharging his air rifle. Heā€™s so pleased with it heā€™s cooking the dinner tonight. Yeeeees.

Yeah I use an Asian supermarket near us. My husband likes a steak as well but itā€™s been 11 years now and he just usually orders one when we go out for a meal. As far as I see it Iā€™m keeping him healthy! Haha
I like sweet potatoes too- I have ibs which is effected by starchy foods- but it only seems to bother me if itā€™s starch from white potatoes, bread and pasta- fortunately things like rice donā€™t bother me at all which is a relief given how much of it I eat! Haha but it means if we do ever have something that would normally be with chips or wedges or whatever we just have sweet potato wedges- so much tastier I think! :blush:

Iā€™m having veggie bean and lentil stew, probably with a baked potato on the side. I love making stuff like this and freezing several portions; so handy to reheat when I get home from work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m not really sure tonight as Iā€™m going out to a supper and talk. All I know is someone has promised mine will be vegetarian but Iā€™m hoping itā€™s not a big cheese dish as Iā€™ve given up eating cheese for the next 6months.

So far Iā€™m doing great but I was eating vast amounts of cheese every day and more often than not twice a day.

1 Like

Ooo i love Cheese @EileensCraftStudio donā€™t know how you managed to say no to it :smile:
So many yummy sounding dishes on here, tonight were having spag bol and hubby is cooking as he does most nights :smiley:

I know exactly what you mean. As a fellow veggie, I also have a tendency to eat far too much cheese! However, I now try at least a few times a week to make a meal for dinner that doesnā€™t require cheese. Now I just have to resist the temptation to grab a chunk to nibble on whilst Iā€™m on the pc or watching tv! :smile:

3 Likes

Yay - dinner wasnā€™t vetoed so spare ribs and bubble and squeak it is :smile:

Off to look for a recipe for slow cooked beef and lentils Annie @HeavenlyAnarchist - sounds lovely, might be on the cards for Friday night.

Iā€™m having jacket potato with avocado salad and prawns. We try and cut out meat during the week, and have taken to eating Quorn for bolognese etc. It works out pretty well!

2 Likes

Chicken Caesar salad, I know itā€™s winter but just fancied it at the weekend. I do chicken goujons in the oven, cos lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, cucumber, croutons, Parmesan and dressing.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my haddock with new pots, pea and sugar snaps and some avacado dip on the side. It was good. Bob is now washing up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was wrong! He did thai veggie noodles.

1 Like

Well the Chicken Jalfrezi went down well last night. OH brought home some Bombay potatoes and onion bhajis to go with it :grinning:
Tonight Iā€™m going for cod and chorizo paella :grinning: Iā€™ll try to remember to take a photo.
What will you be cooking tonight?

1 Like

Mine tonight will be Chicken in Ginger Sauce. My favourite, itā€™s quite easy to make and tastes delicious. When I go to USA to see my son, I always have to make it for him.

1 Like

Itā€™s going to have to be soya burgers for me, theyā€™re a day past their sell by date :grimacing: Perhaps with a beany stewā€¦time to look in the freezer to see what I already have ready made.

I have some chicken out and am currently thinking jerk chicken with rice and peas.

1 Like

Chicken pie with veg and chips, yum.

1 Like