What's for tea/dinner/supper tonight?

Today is what we affectionately call ‘food day’ the day the sainsburys man comes and restocks my supplies!! Haha so I think tonight will be this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spicy-meatballs-chilli-black-beans I’ve not made it before but it sounds pretty nice! I love black beans.

2 Likes

Tonight is bangers and mash with white onion sauce today and hopefully, if there are some in the fridge, sprouts.
Now that’s a pretty traditional British dinner.

and as I nipped into Tesco earlier when I went to town for a haircut, there is a vanillla cream slice for afters. (Actually far prefer the proper French patisserie version of millefeulles but when in England and all that…)

2 Likes

Meatballs and Orzo … I’m a new convert to Orzo and love it xxx

Have you tried Bobotie with Orzo… and frozen peas. Positively the very best combination of texture and taste. :slight_smile: :smile:

Mmmmm that’s what we’ll have tomorrow - just need to get some more lamb mince when I go past the butchers.

1 Like

I decided to have baked polenta with my chicken and wrapped the meat in barbecue spices and bacon :slight_smile:

Oh what is Bobotie Joy? @JOYSofGLASS

@AdienCrafts This is one version of it.
I use minced lamb not beef and a Robert Carrier recipe which is now in such a mess aftger a lot of use that most of the words have been wiped off the page.

That sounds delicious Joy! As a treat, we had duck tonight. Really lovely. My boys liked it too. They thought it was chicken when it was cooking, so we have re-named it chuck (duck /chicken combo) - made fab gravy too.

2 Likes

Here’s last nights paella

I haven’t Decided what we’ll be having tonight. Possibly chilli :grinning:

3 Likes

Last night I made the best mushroom and spinach rissoto I have ever made! It was yum!
For tonight I am just about to put a beef and black eye bean stew in the slow cooker.
If I can tear myself away from the forum this morning!
Need to get on tho as me and my daughter are going to the craft shop to buy supplies for my new craft before I drop her off at college.

3 Likes

I’m having yellow split pea soup for lunch (currently in the slow cooker, it smells delicious) and probably loaded nachos for tea - with peppers, spring onions, mushrooms, olives, and whatever else I find lurking in the fridge that will go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yummy!
I will have a sandwich, because I’ll be at my bookbinding course, which starts at 4pm and continues til 9:30pm! But soup for lunch, so I will have something hot today.

Hope you enjoyed your Tikka!

Hehe! My mother gave my nieces and nephew some pheasant once. They thought it was chicken and said they liked it… so she didn’t tell them any different.
It’s nice to have something a bit unusual now and then, just to challenge our tastebuds.

1 Like

Tonight I’m going to stuff some enormous mushrooms with some stilton, bacon, caramelised onions…and whatever else I fancy and maybe we’ll have that with saute potatoes.
Bob’s just eating the extra sausages from last nights dinner as a lunch sandwich. I’ve had a handful of nuts.

1 Like

Oh yes, done this a few times. The other day I made venison stew - absolutely delicious! The boys asked what we were having for tea, I just said meat stew. They lapped it up. If I told them it was deer, they wouldn’t have touched it! They don’t need to know everything, do they? As long as it is tasty and they enjoy it, what is the problem??? Got chicken tonight. Smells lovely xx

1 Like

Not sure yet but it will contain lots of garlic, with extra garlic rubbed on the soles of my feet, have a chest infection looming or just starting so will try nip it in the bud, even though it will cause a smelly house :smile:

Oo that sounds lovely Joy @JOYSofGLASS mushrooms mmmmmmmmmm love em :smile:

1 Like

I don’t know, there’s some sausages that need eating or we might have lentil curry/tarka dahl.

I’m going for mackerel with couscous and roast veggies tonight yum :smile:

I’ve just finished, pan fried in butter - mushrooms onion and garlic, with garlic and herb sausage, bacon, egg and beans :smile:

1 Like

Sweet potato rosti’s with a fried egg on top for me. They’re so delicious! Recipe from an older Sainsbury’s mag.

2 Likes