Where are 'variations'?

I’ve just signed up with the paid account and attempting to list my first item.

I make bespoke rings, so the customer needs to select the size. The problem I have is I can’t find how to add the variation (ring sizes).

I’ve read the ‘how to’ blog but this assumes the listings exist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Adding variations comes after you’ve listed the item, so you have to create the basic listing first and then you can open up the listing and on the right hand side there will be three options - “subscribe to shop feed”, “edit this item” and “add or edit variations”.

1 Like

Thank you for your response but I don’t think this would work for me, I need to enter options/variations during listing. Also the lack of a phone app doesn’t help so I’ll continue where I am for the present, perhaps another day. Thanks again, account now closed.

It isn’t that hard…just list your ring, then go to your listings and hide the listing so no one can see it while you edit it. You can then add the variations…unhide the listing, and it’s done.

1 Like

Wow, that was a bit defeatist :open_mouth: !..

5 Likes

It would only be listed for a few seconds before the variations get added, so it shouldn’t really be a problem. Once they have been added then you would never know they hadn’t been entered during the initial listing, buyers can’t buy without selecting the variation (unless you select it’s optional).

If all your listings will use the same variations, once you’ve listed the first item you can just copy that listing, edit as needed, and the variations will already be included in the listing so you don’t need to add on after.

It sounds like a simple phone app is coming though, so maybe we’ll see you again sometime next year.

3 Likes