2015 diets (sorry)

That’s one main reason why I won’t get a dog. I have memories from when I was younger and lived at home, my mum and dad had a new dog in the house and not completely house trained. I would come down in the morning before them and yes you’ve guessed it there was a nice mess meeting me.

Hello, just picked up on this thread, and have been chuckling to myself over Grimms dog walking story!
Who needs a dog to make us go for a walk, just need a fair weather walking girlfriend. Sadly I dont have either at the mo’ so I get on my bike and cycle to work…on my vintage 1975 exersize bike in the spare room before I go downstairs to sit in front of my sewing machine. Only been doing it for 2 weeks, but I feel…taughter!!!
Do you burn more calories if you knit in the round, as you are not stopping? just a thought.
x

1 Like

Just tucking into a huge bowl of low carb noodles - so low that the carb content is only 0.1g per 100g. They are made from the konjac plant, which is a type of yam (apparently) and having scoffed half a bowl full, I can say they are fab. The low carb approach is not for the faint-hearted, as it really is quite hard - and I’ve not even managed a week yet! I’m not going to have made the huge losses that Mr. Atkins says I should, but then I’ve not been sticking to it religiously - I have to admit to having consumed 2 x Muller Corners and some Pea and Ham Soup, not to mention quite a few carrots - but hey ho, you can only try your best.

1 Like

Those noodles sound really interesting Liz. Where do you buy them?

I had to deal with 2 poohs today, the dog, not me. I still dont weigh any less. 2 days to go.

Hi, Deborah, @DeborahJonesJewellery, at first I just bought one packet from Amazon - you can get them with added protein, which is what I actually ordered but they sent the standard ones instead. Now that I have tried them I’ve bought a pack of 10 from the manufacturer, Barenaked Foods for a cheaper price, £24.50, and no delivery.

Here’s the link

And if you’re counting calories and not carbs, then these noodles are only 8 Kcal per 100g - it’s a win-win situation.

2 Likes

I see from the link @lizdyson you can buy them from Holland & Barrett or Morrisons. I shall have a look next time I’m in town.

I’ll have to look at those. Could be useful for fast days. Thank you.

Me too, luckily i go to Morrisons.

Well, low carb may be hard, but I’ve lost 4lb this week, so my total loss since the beginning of the year is 9 1/2lb - not too bad.

2 Likes

I’ve been up and down since Xmas and the upshot is, I have only lost 1 lb. Me thinks my ambitions of losing 2 stone by the end of April is somehow not going to happen ( unless miracles really exist !!!) Trying my hardest to be extremely good now, can’t afford to buy new clothes and there is nothing wrong with the ones I have. If we burnt calories for using our brains, I’d be a size 8 !!! :frowning:

Ive given up with scales but I measured my waist last night and Im 2" smaller than I was.

3 Likes

Have almost given up, as I’m not actually overweight, but I still want to shift just a few pounds, try this lovely beansprout salad, it’s practically no calories on its own, I put it on my blog!
http://talulahblue-talulahblue.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/vietnamese-beansprout-salad-pickle-dua.html

1 Like

I’m still struggling with that last 1/2 stone. My meal portions are almost the size of a childs. I think I need to eat a few more greens and that might shift it. I’ve got six weeks to loose it so that’s averaging just over 1lb a week. It is doable I know.

I could never follow any diet. the moment I decided to try to loose weight my apetite grew and i was so hungry all the time it made me utterly miserable.
now I know what works best: cutting snacking between meals (sometimes very hard when crafting…) and reducing meals size. A bit every time. And I am getting better and better at it :smiley:
And you are absolutely right about not buying snacks. It is much more likely you are not going to have a biscuit with your coffee when you have to bake it first :wink:
Good luck, take a slow and steady pace in changing your habits and I am sure we will succeed!
xxxx
Magdalena

1 Like

My 5:2 diet has changed to 4:3 and im doing 1000 calories on the 3 days instad of 500, 500 id so hard to stick to, 1000 cals seems like a feast. Scales still havnt moved but hopefully at some point there will be a positive result.

I looked for the Barenaked noodles in Morrison’s, but couldn’t find them. It’s quite a large branch too. Has anyone actually seen them in Morrisons?

We had a lovely soup on our fast day yesterday. Timeless Tuscany by Glorious, it was chickeny, very tasty and only 120 cal a serving.

I looked for the noodles too but couldnt see them. I looked in the noodle section, could they be somewhere else?

No, I just looked in noodle section, I couldn’t think where else. Can’t remember if Morrisons has a “free from” section, that’s the only other place I can think of.
I have googled them again and can only find them selling on-line or in Holland and Barret.

Morrisons do have a small free from range, Im going food shopping soon so Il take a look when I get there.