2015 diets (sorry)

When I looked on the link its say’s Holland & Barrett do them.

My diet has gone out the window for the moment . I have done my back in and the pain meds have to be taken with food . so no fasting. I am also so desperate for the next dose of pain killers that I end up eating toast as it’s quick.this combined with not moving much means I have already put back on a kilo :frowning:

I know that I’m boring and I am not being paid by Slimming World but it really does work. I am just 0.5lbs away from losing 5 stone in 18 months and a front number I last saw in 1986. I honestly thought I was going to be overweight all my life but this has sorted me out and stopped me pinging in and out of diets as I had done for the past 30 odd years xx
@DeborahJonesJewellery Hope your back is sorted soon xx

2 Likes

Thanks Dottie x

The Barenaked Noodles are fab. I’ve had them with a stir fry and also with bolognese sauce and both worked well. The scales were kind again this week, so I’ve lost another 2 1/2lb making 12lb in total. Low carb is really hard, though, as you never feel satisfied when you eat something, but on the plus side you rarely feel really hungry either.
@DeborahJonesJewellery, I hope your back gets better soon. My (self-diagnosed) gout is driving me insane and keeping me awake at night - I’m not pretty when I don’t get a full night’s sleep!

1 Like

@dottiedesigns I fully agree with you about slimming world! So many tasty things I can eat without feeling guilty :smiley:

1 Like

I just read this on Twitter, its very motivational if you are on a diet …Sweat is what happens when your fat is crying.

3 Likes

I went into Iceland this morning and thought I would let everyone know that they have Birds Eye fish inspirations for £2. I got a pack for our fast day dinner tonight, they are only 120 calories a portion, 2.4g fat, tasty, tasty.

1 Like

Snap! I bought some today too! Super yummy!

1 Like

I like the scales today, they say Im 4lb lighter.
The lady at th evintage fair i sell at also wants to lose weight so its good to have a friendly competition.

1 Like

My weight is still coming off but very slow now, I suppose I’ve got to that stage of my diet that it will come off slower, but as long as it’s coming off and not going on.

My scales were kind again this week - perhaps this low carb life is worth it after all, though I did have 3 bowls of cereal this week as felt very sorry for myself with a cold and gout. So, I have lost another 1 1/2lb which takes me tantalizingly close to the 1 stone mark - just 1/2lb to go.

That’s what worked for me the low carbs or no carbs.

well done all , I have still fallen off the wagon.
I am hoping to be off the pain meds soon , so that I can start fasting and getting some exercise again.
It is amazing how quickly the weight creeps back on eating bread for breakfast and lunch again , but how the resolve to make more effort vanishes when you are in pain.

What do you all eat for breakfast?
It was on ly mind last night. I bought some bran cereal thinking they would be low cal but they are worse than the cornflakes i have.

We have oat cereal with half a banana and half a kiwi on top. It’s a bit high in everything though! Always with skimmed milk. Then on fast day and one other day a week we have porridge, made with skimmed milk and water and topped with half a banana which balances things out a bit.

2 cups of tea , putting eating off as long as possible then normally I either have 2 spoons or low fat natural greek style yoghurt with 10 frozen blueberries and 5 walnut halves ( very specificI know ) but this keeps me feeling full for hours. Or one of the little sachets of Dorset Cereal porridge, as this keeps me going aswell.
(as I work from home I don’t have to eat early before leaving for work)

The calorific determination method that is used for food doesn’t take into account the digestability of the food stuff. Your cornflakes might be lower cal but they are easily digested so your body will absorb all the calories whilst the bran flakes might contain more calories but since they are harder to digest you absorb fewer of them. (NB make sure you go for a bran flake or all bran type cereal some of the others have lots of sugar added to them). A rare cooked steak is harder to digest than well done steak so you absorb fewer calories from it. Reheated pasta contains indigestable starches (caused by the process of heating it then leaving it to cool and reheating it) so has a lower calorie count than freshly cooked pasta. Not the sort of information that a calorie counter want to hear I’m sure as it has just made life a whole lot more complicated for you. The fiber also helps you feel fuller for longer and is good for your digestive system.
(I’m a bran flake breakfaster normally, occasionally I have toast and marmite, very occasionally sausage/ egg/ mushrooms but normally only when I’ve gotten up late and I’m only having 2 meals as a result).

I have sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms & beans - oink oink! (Low fat sausages and no fat on bacon - all cooked in Firelight ) x

I have 2 slices of Bavarian Smoked Ham and 2 slices of Bavarian Smoked Cheese with a hard boiled egg (hardly any carbs). If I’m feeling rash I might have a low fat fruit yogurt a little later on (naughty!). This does not make me feel full, but it does keep me going until lunchtime, which is usually fish and veg and then a feta salad for dinner if I’m working.