2016 Diet/healthy eating

I went to see my daughter yesterday and she was making courgettie to have with their bolognese instead of spaghetti. Has anyone tried it?

By the way, my ratatouille the other day was good. I was worried the aubergines would be a mush but they were a nice meaty texture. A good meal for fast day, I froze half for next week.

I make courgette spaghetti with a spiralizer to replace wheat spaghetti if I am fasting.

Has anyone tried those 0 calorie noodles? I keep meaning to, but not sure where to buy them.

I think the noodles can be found in Holland and BArrat

1 Like

Yes, I have used the noodles, rice and pasta. At the moment I am using a batch from Eat Water, but also have had the Bare Naked ones.

They donā€™t really taste of anything, but are actually better than I thought they would be. We use them on our fast days and it does at least make you feel like you are having some carbs.

1 Like

Ive had a wobbly week. Ive stuck to good food mostly but just had a chocolate bar without even thinking I was doing anything wrong.
I need to go shopping as the fridge is empty of good food.
On the plus side, at work there as a gap between a table and wall that I couldnā€™t get my hips through without turning a bit sideways, I tried it today and I could manage it facing front! A silly achievement but thought Id mention it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been really bad this weekend - Hubbyā€™s birthday, what can I say? I went out for a walk yesterday, but only lasted 30 minutes because itā€™s so cold in the wind, and today wasnā€™t much better. I am so looking forward to summer when itā€™s fun to be outdoors and living on salad is easy!

I lost those pesky 2lb that came back, but last week was the last weigh in of the courseā€¦ so I can feel myself slipping already!
Iā€™ve got courgettes to spiralise for tea, if I donā€™t eat all the chocolate before I get to the kitchen.

Iā€™ve just been reading the what are you having for dinner thread and decided itā€™s not a good idea :smiling_imp:

Just thought Iā€™d post about my new favourite ready meal thatā€™s ā€˜allowedā€™ (376 cals)
Sainsburyā€™s MyGoodness Thai Red Curry. Beautiful! I usually add extra veg but itā€™s really delicious as it is.

Weā€™re back from holiday and have both put on a few pounds. We ate loads of ā€˜goodā€™ food though, lots of fresh fish and salads, but then there were also lots of lush desserts and the odd glass of wine! Thank goodness we also swam and exercised a bit too. So itā€™s two fast days for us this week, did the first yesterday and feeling better already. How are you all doing?

You are allowed to be naught on holiday @plumporridge

I have to admit I had a naughty day today(even though Im not on holiday) Ive had a headache for 2 days so I thought Id treat myself to normal food.
Im not sure if Ive lost any weight, but I wore an old skirt the other day and it looked like it was hanging differently and definite felt longer, which makes me think there was less fat getting in its way.

Both me and my wife started Weight Watcher at the beginning of this year. My wife has struggled in the past because I (as the cook in the house!) made different meals for myself, my wife and our two kids.
Both of us being on the same plan means that we are eating healthily and have extra motivation when it comes to weigh in.

Both of us have lost a stone in weight, but I have been fluctuating over the last few weeks - Having come of some medication which seen my appetite explode.

Iā€™m still keeping to around 1500 cals a day- give or take- and losing around 1/2 an inch a fortnight.

Also found out that bread was causing many of my migraines, they have lessened since I stopped eating it except at weekends or when eating out.

Bread is a nightmare! and I LOVE the stuff.

But once you start on a diet or look to exclude food its remarkable how you donā€™t really miss it as you go on. I have wraps every so often, to satisfy that ā€˜breadyā€™ urge. But since i relasied that bread was usually a carrier for otehr foods I just ditched it.

Going to have to be careful when the barbecue finally comes out though. You need buns, lots of buns!

1 Like

Iā€™m having a hot cross bun on friday no matter what!

Did we all survive Easter? I ate far too much Hotel Chocolat (the only chocolate I canā€™t resist!) went for a run this morning though and as it has all gone I have to temptation! Sitting right at the top of target so have to lose this week or start paying!

2 Likes

I have one easter Egg and Iā€™m eating it in 33g portions (at 8.5 syns a time). Iā€™ve got a vegi sausage casserole and loads of veg prepped for tea tonight. Weigh in on Thursday will tell if Iā€™ve done enough to survive easter and reach my 3 stone award :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done @dottiedesigns and @VioletJewellery ! :slight_smile:

I had a hot cross bun (M&S chocolate and toffee) but it was in my calorie allowance- also got a Thorntons egg and have had 2 chocs from it but no egg as yet- all counted in calorie allowance though.

Does anyone ever suffer from ketosis or know anything about it?

Iā€™ve been very thirsty for the past few days and have a metallic taste in my mouth. (Still eating around 1400 cals a day so not starvation rations.)

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you @VioletJewellery :slight_smile:

@plainprimitives Oooh - metallic taste doesnā€™t sound good! Isnā€™t ketosis what you try to get into when you are doing the Atkins diet?

Thanks Sarah! You sound like you are doing well too. A Thorntons egg is hard not to binge eat, keep going! X

2 Likes