Are your sales picking up?

Hi, my sales have definitely decreased since the format has changed. I paid to have a Plus listing and it really hasnt been worth it so far. I have looked on my chart and sales have plummeted even though i have relisted items regularly. I wont pay to plus list next year and have been looking into other sites. I loved just looking for random items without anything specific in mind. Hey Ho All we can do is keep trying.

Well, I had a quiet September, but that was due to being closed for 3 weeks of it for a house move LOL! Had a nice flurry of sales n the past week, so things are back to nice and steady :slight_smile:

I was really busy up till I went on holiday 2 weeks ago and now I think I am invisible! not complaining as I need to get my stock up

@Rosielee - Really, the plus account is more beneficial for listing/relisting large amounts of items than it is for generating more sales.
Hope they pick up for you soon!

Sarah x

one word answerā€¦NOā€¦sigh

No. I have had two sales (to the same customer who bought two items at the same time) in 7months. I do promote on FB, have a Pinterest board and Tweet. For me the hard nut to crack is reaching my ideal customers! Most of my items cost a reasonable amount (Ā£50+) so I didnā€™t expect lots of sales, such is the nature of the beast. But itā€™s hard not to get a bit despondent although I do get positive feedback when people do see my items.

Itā€™s just reaching my ideal customers thatā€™s the tricky bit!

1 Like

Most definitely not, had one sale since June and that was to a PA that I deal with during my day job. Up until June I was averaging at least 1 sale every 7-10 days. Things on the main competitors site from over the pond have got really quiet as well and everyone on that site is at a loss as to why things have suddenly died. Fingers crossed it is just a case of everyone saving to spend all their money on presents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of it is a bit seasonal - July and August are always quiet for me and normally thatā€™s when I make a lot of stock. People are too busy with school activities/holidays and saving their pennies for hols too. Also we have had nice weather so people have not been online so much. Sept tends to be a slowish one too as people are paying off hols! However I am seeing Christmas spend coming through now albeit offline.

1 Like

No, Iā€™ve had a lull :frowning:

Itā€™s lovely to read so many positive reports of sales being good! I know that whether online or in B&M shops not everyone will be successful but I love to hear the success stories! :smile:

Online Noā€¦have had orders from work colleagues and friends, not necessarily for my items and Iā€™ve organised craft fairs at work in the lunch break and raised funds for charity. one order was to recover and ottoman and a stool and make matching cushions.

Thats what I have been doing. I have been a member for a few years and I renewed my plus account and then about a week later the format was changed , had I known this I wouldnt have paid Ā£45. I have had no sales for about three weeks where as last year I was doing well. I shop by what is infront of me and then get ideas not by looking for something specific. If I go into a gift shop it is what catches your eye, this is what the recently listed format did - well it did for me. I believe that this has effected my sales alot. Im just a bit disillusioned with it all and have packed away all my jewellery making things and have lost interest now the format has changed.

3 Likes

Unfortunately i have had my worst month so far since i started selling just over a year ago - itā€™s never been this bad for me, I feel a bit dishearted like the bubble has burst - Facebook is going bad for me too, itā€™s like im not coiming up on peoples feed anymore ! I have a big coffee morning my partners sister holds for me each year, so im putting all my energies into that. I should really put more into my folksy shop but I feel kind of unmotivated about it now :disappointed_relieved:

I feel a bit like that too

heh - iā€™ve just seen you on the front page in the ā€œbeing bought nowā€ slot @WashedandFound :smile:

iā€™ve had a couple of rubbish months too - i havenā€™t been able to make for a while, so with nothing new to show i havenā€™t had much to social media about, apart from occasional half finished / works in progress things. i was feeling pretty despondant tooā€¦
then, last week, i managed 4 whole days of sewing, and got loads of stuff finished.
iā€™ve been listing new things this week, so had something to show & tell on facebook / instagram (at last!) - my views are up 440%, iā€™ve had plenty sales, and snuck in near the top of the best sellers list.

so you never really know from one week to the next :slight_smile:

(of course, iā€™ve had to stop work again now so thatā€™ll probably be ā€œitā€ for me until next year.)

2 Likes

REALLY??!! now that is weird, just when I was losing hope, going to check my accoutn :smiley: glad things picked up for you, maybe for me too !!

1 Like

like a little sign of life. a heartbeat :wink:

5 Likes

itā€™s still in the basket at this stage - at least someone is pondering - itā€™s a flicker of a heartbeat , hee hee!

3 Likes

unfortunately the flicker of a heart beat flat lined , nevermind! maybe itā€™s time for me to put a bit more back into trying to overcome this dry spell. :chart_with_downwards_trend:

Compared to last year, we didnā€™t do well at all for Sept. Through Aug to Sept we sold tons of Flea Balms so perhaps fleas havenā€™t been as bad this year. And natural soap. Sales have picked up earlier in store but online Sept was awful. And we have new products such as Gentlemenā€™s Club and a new ladies facial cleanser. Plus tea tree and geranium soap. Weā€™ve had 46k visitors to our web blog and the stats record 119 visitors at least a week. Maybe people plan to buy skincare as gifts now the cooler weather is here and thoughts of Christmas are about. Well done everyone else!
Lesley Soap n Things & Grumpy Joeā€™s Pet Emporium