E mail from Stripe

I was with them on here for months, then they asked for photo identification. I hold nothing with my photo on got so frustrated left them and no way will I be going back. Reviews of Stripe on their Feb page is dreadful. Some US ladies I have known for years reckon they are a shower.

Bless you! Youā€™ve given me a real boost. To be honest I think it was my fault as I was so keen to start the ball rolling that I applied to Stripe really early and my shop must have looked a bit half baked. Thanks for reminding me about dimensions. Iā€™ll revisit this.

Much appreciated. Happy Saturday to you.

Hi @SusanBettyArt,

I had the same issue with Stripe and got really upset, as I couldnā€™t see that my little shop was high risk, and that they refused to explain why. Iā€™m a bit disappointed as two sales before Christmas wanted to use their cards, we sorted out bank transfers in the endā€¦ but it didnā€™t look very professional. Anyway, over it now, but wanted to let you know that youā€™re not alone :smiley::smiley: Jane

Thank you for your response. Something like that can knock you for six. But Iā€™m thankful for the supportive messages received from sellers on Folksy. They are rude and unhelpfulā€¦I received no further details from them. BUTā€¦Iā€™m just going to spend time on getting my shop the way I want it. And enjoy it in the process. I might try again at a later stageā€¦but for now, I donā€™t need them, thanks again for taking the time to help me.

1 Like

When I had a query with Stripe I found that the reply from their software robot, which began with the words: ā€˜Thanks for reaching out to usā€¦ā€™ turned me off so much that I just didnā€™t want to deal with them! We all know that most responses are automated, but to try to pretend some emotional connection made me shudder - especially as their response didnā€™t deal in any way with the issue I raised. It would be lovely if we could deal with real people from time to time.

2 Likes

Canā€™t even get into stripe. Theyā€™ve blocked me off. Unfortunately rebelsmarket and now depop are going down the stripe root. Emailed them, surprise no answer. Complained in their fb page no answer there either

1 Like