Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - AUGUST 2018

Good morning all.
Drama this morning as our one and only toilet has packed in. Cant get it fixed till Monday so I suggested a weekend away. Hubby suggested a bucket !!!

Glad you are feeling better Max @MaxPringJewellery . Please will you add 3 sales .Thanks

Hope the wedding goes well Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker and the weather is better than it is here.

More sale items

Valerie x

9 Likes

Good morning - just!

Looks like another non photo day unless it brightens up later. I must invest in some lighting so I can do photos indoors and not have to rely on the weather.

So itā€™s a relist for now.

9 Likes

Morning everyone
Glad you are felling better today Maxine @MaxPringJewellery
Have a lovely day today at your Sons wedding elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker
Glad you had a lovely day trip Brenda @teabreaks
Necklace looks lovely with the resin cab Rachel @Verchielbeadsandjewellery
Hope you have a nice time in Cornwall Pauline @PollysWares138
Beautiful crochet necklace Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn

6 Likes

Some cute cloud stitch markers listed today. Hand filled with resin and glitter dots!

7 Likes

Greetings from a wet East Lothian.

Itā€™s been a funny couple of days. 11 hefty orders in 24 hours on Thursday over on the other side. Nothing since and nothing here. You just never can tell.

Hope the loo situation improves before Monday Valerie, Iā€™m with you, Iā€™d get away for the weekend.

9 Likes

this extra one today will make up for missing Thursday. it is a custom order for Pauline
https://folksy.com/items/7167036-Custom-order-for-Pauline-ref-f-486-

9 Likes

the custom order is now sold, sooo
One more sale for me please Maxā€¦total 5
Thanks x

5 Likes

Good afternoon,yay happy dancing for your sales Sarah (wow!), Valerie F, Brenda and there was one for me too :slight_smile: :dancer: happy dance for you elsewhere sales Sally :slight_smile: :dancing_women:

Very nice to meet you Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn, glad to hear you daughter is getting the right support now, and its good that you have something that you enjoy doing as well :slight_smile:

Been babysitting again today, Daughter and family are finally moving back into their house today, extension is all finished, bedrooms painted and furnished, just snagging in the new bathroom, but thatā€™s not a problem as they have a full bathroom downstairs too, relived for them itā€™s been a difficult 2 months for them moving between us and her partners parents.

Oh no Valerie @valerie, thatā€™s difficult, hope you can manage until Monday :worried:

Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker hope you have all had a fantastic day and the decoratins look fabulous

Enjoy your weekend Rachael @AppleQueenJewellery

Oh my Roz @OrchardFelts, thatā€™s making even me tired lol!

7 Likes

Hope the wedding went well Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker
Glad you are feeling better Max @MaxPringJewellery
I am now officially exhausted and still got another day of activity to go! Went to aqua aerobics which was fun but am beginning to feel the effects now, then went to a fabulous clothes shop which had a sale on and treated ourselves (to far more than I could afford but its done now!). This afternoon has consisted of moving about 30 boxes of paperwork from the house into the garden shed ready for burning and moving a tumble drier upstairs to my flat followed by a trip down the lane blackberrying and the dog has had 3 walks.

Looks like my eldest daughter is going to be moving back in with me for a couple of months or until she finds a job. I have got to go to Leeds next weekend to help her put all her things into storage and bring her home. I dont think either of us is particularly looking forward to it as this flat isnt that big and she has got used to her independence now but needs must. It will be nice to have her company for a bit though.

Right Iā€™ve rambled on long enough - off for a well earned cup of tea followed swiftly by a glass or two of wine :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Lovely to learn a bit more about you Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn.

Gorgeous pre-wedding pics Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker. Hope youā€™re having a wonderful time today.

Enjoy your break in Suffolk, Rachael @AppleQueenJewellery.

Wow Sarah @thedotterypotter - 19 sales!!! Congratulations.

Valerie @valerie, that sounds like a perfect reason for a weekend away. Hide the bucket!! :laughing:

Sounds like a very busy day Roz @OrchardFelts. Enjoy your wine. Iā€™m enjoying a glass too. Cheers! :grin:

I know I said Iā€™d hopefully be back yesterday with a listing - I did get quite a few things finished, but it went really dull and I couldnā€™t take photographs. Iā€™ve got them done now so Iā€™ve finally got a new listing.

All loved and pinned to here.

https://folksy.com/items/7167062-Chickens-tote-bag-in-cream-oilcloth-with-chickens-and-red-polka-dots-pattern

10 Likes

and a second sale for me todayā€¦total now 6ā€¦thanks x

3 Likes

Evening! Not long got in after running a Bead embroidery workshop with 11 ladies at Shiney Rocks in Bristol. They made some wonderful pieces. Its about an hours drive from here to Bristol, so I am now putting my feet up and chilling out.
Last trading day at my little shop tomorrow - relieved and looking forward to the next chapter!
Thanks for the lovely comments about my bead embroidery necklace with the resin cab.
Wow Sarah @thedotterypotter - I am in awe of your sales. Well done to you.
Hi Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn - lovely to get to know you.
Lovely pre wedding pics Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker and hope you have all had an amazing day.
Just working through loving and pinning.

7 Likes

Evening all,
Glad you are feeling better today Max @MaxPringJewellery

Congrats to all those getting sales, I think I have had my longest dry spell in all the years I have been here, very odd after a bumper month last month.
Thankfully the other side and b+m shops are keeping the wolf from the door.

Can I ask some advice from those who make copper jewellery, the bracelets my daughter made this week have already gone dull and oxidised, what do you use to preserve the bright shine? will renaissance wax do it? Thanks.

10 Likes

Glad youā€™re feeling better Max @MaxPringJewellery
Hope the wedding went well Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker. The preparations looked great.

Lovely to hear more about the person behind the name Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn. Glad things are working out with your daughter.

Roz @OrchardFelts I thought Iā€™d been quite active today but in comparison to what you have one it was nothing

Congratulations on all those sales Sarah @thedotterypotter

I had quite a good day at the Canal Festival today. Reasonable sales plus there were a few people there attending who I havenā€™t seen for some time -one of the old netball team girls happily expecting her second baby and another who went through a difficult divorce and now happily in a new relationship.

A bit weary this evening so will try to get a reasonably early night

9 Likes

Late for me ! busy day !!

Some Autumn -themed ā€˜Rosehipsā€™ gift tags today :slight_smile:

Hope everyones having a lovely weekend !! More tomorrow ā€¦

10 Likes

Sorry been busy today, have clicked through!

Lovely photos Ely @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker

I have a pair of crocheted fingerless mittens in Denys Brunton Designer yarn.

Natalie x

9 Likes

Evening all,
Crazy day, but hereā€™s a relist:

Liked and pinned to here x

8 Likes

Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery
I have used renaissance wax and have found it does help but will still oxidise but not so quickly i also use midas seal lacquer from kernowcraft you can buy a small sample for Ā£2.95 which goes a long way
I have a bangle i made for myself which i have not treated and find i have to clean it in some lemon jouice and water which brings the bright colour back about every 1 to 2 weeks

8 Likes

Thanks Valerie, thats really helpful to know.

5 Likes

Good morning.
Collapsed in bed at about 9:30 last night but have woken refreshed and ready for another day!
Amazingly I have a new listing today as I finally finished these birds yesterday

12 Likes