Folksy Tags - have they increased your sales/views?

Hi all,
We’ve had a spike in views and sales since I modified our listings to include the new “tags” folksy introduced. I wondered if anyone else had noticed an increase or if we’re just having a lucky month.

What are your experiences since adding tags to your listings?
Dani

Hi Danielle @VioletJewellery,
My shop is fairly new so I’m unable to say however, 2 days before we had the choice of up to 15 tags, it was still 5 and both days I didn’t have many views. I’ve had 15 orders since using all tags, which I suppose isn’t bad for a new shop. Congratulations on your sales! x

2 Likes

I’m here since week - so cannot say much about it - specially that I have problems with using all 15 tags :slight_smile: I think I need help with them :slight_smile: Tags part of listing is so hard for me :slight_smile:

lol Monika @TobisiasLilThing x :grin:

I think I have had a small increase in views…but not sales. I haven’t had a sale in July yet.
I have the 5 tags on everything and am adding more when I can…I seem to spend more time at the computer than I do making things!

Kim
x

2 Likes

Keep at it Kim, I felt the same recently like I hadn’t made new stock because I was too busy adapting listings and editing photographs. Seems it’s paid off though x

15 orders is amazing! I’m definitely keeping up the tags if that’s the potential outcome :slight_smile: Congratulations!

Thank you @VioletJewellery . And another 2 earlier. x

sorry not been about much recently. Can someone explain or point me in the right direction regarding tags, not sure what they are, sorry for sounding daft.

I know what you mean kiim about spending more time in front of my laptop then creating at the moment what with researching new suppliers for my materials and adding more tags to all my listings lol

2 Likes

They are words that potential customers would type into a search engine to find your item.
So use words and phrases that are in your titles of course as well as words and phrases customers will use to find your item.

Hope that helps

Oh Kate @KatesKorner, I’ve just taken a peek inside your shop and spotted the bears! I pinned the bear with the baby leg warmers onto my Pinterest board last night! Too cute! x :grin:

Sorry, but I haven’t noticed an increase in views. You are included in the views numbers too, so I find it hard to establish if anyone other than me has been viewing! LOL

1 Like

Oh I know how you feel! How wonderful if it was the other way around!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Praise is always nice especially from other makers
Kate xx

1 Like

Views went up when I added the tags, but since then things have dropped back to “normal” levels.

Well I know I am new but I got 35 views last night.

3 Likes

NIce numbers Faye - I got just 2 :slight_smile: But my tags are not good yet I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe it remains to be seen if my sales are just pure luck/coincidence rather than the tags. I had 36 views yesterday, 10 were me adapting listings but the other 26 must have been the general public which is nice. Seems that we are all having very different experiences with tags so far…

Dont worry I got 12 yesterday!