How to connect your Folksy shop to Instagram Shopping

Oh thanks Dee - it was just this morning, so maybe I have to wait a little while.

2 Likes

Is it linked to your Folksy shop?

1 Like

I’m having a different problem. I got as far as being asked to confirm my catalog on Instagram, it shows a successful link with my Facebook business page with the correct number of products. However when I click NEXT it whirs away for a bit then I get the message "Please check your internet connection and try again’

I get this message on both my smartphone and on my tablet. I tried yesterday and again today and keep getting this message. Internet connection is fine - I can see FB, IG my emails and all sorts of other apps, so now I’m stumped. I’ve also gone down the usual IT support line of switching them off and on again! I can also see the products via the FB Commerce Manager pages

Anyone got any ideas for next steps?

1 Like

I’ve contacted IG, but so far no response. I know the link is there because the count of products has gone up after adding something to my Folksy shop.

1 Like

Sorry if it’s an obvious one, but have you tried uninstalling Instagram & reinstalling? Thankfully my shop set up without any problems, but I had loads of trouble when I first tried to link instagram & facebook, & that fixed it! Although reading again, if you’ve tried phone & tablet then it might not be it. Could be worth a try though!

1 Like

Yes - done that! I’ve even tried to do it using an Android emulator on my PC, but that failed too - with a different error message and rather earlier in the process.

Just to make clear - the problem isn’t with the linking. I struggled through all of that process. It is the very last step of getting IG to confirm the shop catalogue.That submission never reaches them because it says the internet connection isn’t working, even though it is!

1 Like

I think FB have been tinkering a lot with how it all works and is linked, for ages I couldn’t edit my catalogues but it now all seems to be working. Also just been given $50 to run and ad by creating a new catalogue so giving that I try, I don’t usually run paid ads unless I have a craft fair coming up.

2 Likes

Sorry, that’s about the limit of my technical knowledge! It’s all quite confusing.
In commerce manager I can see both shops have been published under business assets, but when I tried adding collections they have only published in IG, not FB.
I don’t think it helps that FB are changing to a new version while we’re trying to do all this set up! I might try deleting the catalogues I have & starting again. Such a pain!!

That’s a point - what version of FB were you on when you set it up? If it was the old one, might be worth trying it again from the new version?

1 Like

Hi, I’ve not been on here for awhile, I became a little disillusioned with trying to link FB and IG so it’s interesting that more people are having the same issues! Good point re FB changes, I’ll have to have another go!

2 Likes

I actually managed to sort mine over the weekend. I’d set everything up on old version FB & the collections I’d added were only showing in IG. Now switched to new FB, went & added another collection to see what would happen & hey presto - all collections now showing in both shops!
So definitely worth giving it another bash now the new version has been rolled out to everyone - good luck!

1 Like

Hi All…well I’m not alone after reading this blog…so thats the good news! The bad news, is that it is quite frustrating! Indeed, how can you verify a domain you don’t own? :man_shrugging:t2: I did email to see what the issue was, as the review just stated the account wasn’t approved with just the list of requirements - not what actually caused the issue. And, yes, like everyone else, it is the domain verification! So I have emailed again…will let you know! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I have the same problem, My folksy shop shows on Facebook, but I keep getting a message that I need to verify it by adding the code to my Folksy. Then Instagram just wants to keep sending my emails to connect my shop.

1 Like

For all of you going slightly mad with the verification of domain name issue, surrounding Instagram shopping when you’ve set up your Facebook catalogue.

I have also been going slightly mad with this. After some frantic research, it is a thing. Not a spot check, but if you haven’t had to do it previously, then it’s something which has changed.

So, Etsy do have the ability to copy and paste the metatag into their shop settings, so you can confirm the domain name.

I’ve emailed Folksy, so here’s hoping they can do something similarly clever to get our shops in Instagram!

1 Like

I’ve now got Facebook saying that I dont admin my instagram and my facebook, despite being the only person who uses either oh and them still being linked.

1 Like

That looks great, I’m really hoping folksy does similar, as if not, I might have to rethink what shop I link to because at the moment I’ve focussed everything on folksy :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

@PHBphoto @SarahDesignsUK @blackcatmillinery If you’re still being asked to verify your domain, would you be able to try something for us?

We’ll then see if we can get it working for you. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I’ll have a go now, thanks Camilla.

1 Like

Just a thought, what domain shall I enter?
As my rss. feed that supplies the catalogue is https://folksy.com/shops/SarahDesignsUK.rss
So it wants me to verify folksy.com as you can’t enter forward slashes etc.

I can try and verify www.sarahdesignsuk.folksy.com, but can I use an rss. feed in this format?

1 Like

Good question. Can you try folksy.com

1 Like

All sent, hope this works! I have to click verify my end when you’ve worked your magic x

1 Like