How to connect your Folksy shop to Instagram Shopping

Cool…I have sent you the info. See what magic you can do :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Camilla @folksycontent

After having email ping pong with support, all looks good. FB business dashboard looking OK, and I have the shop option in IG - so will give it a go! I can tag products ok in the squares…so, looks all good!

Thanks for your help - great support!

1 Like

Hi Sarah. We’re still trying to work out a fix for this so I’ve just spoken to our developer Doug and he’s asked if you could you try verifying it again but this time using your shop URL -ie http://folksy.com/shops/SarahDesignsUK - and then send the Meta Tag that Facebook gives you to our Support team at support@folksy.co.uk?

We’ll see if we can add it to your shop header for you.

1 Like

Hi there Camilla,
I don’t think you can verify anything with slashes in, I can try and verify sarahdesignsuk.folksy.com but that won’t match my RSS feed. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Ah ok. Doug’s explained that the domain I thought might work sarahdesignsuk.folksy.com won’t because it’s a redirect. I’ll let him know it won’t allow slashes and see what he can come up with.

1 Like

Hi Camilla. So I’ve had all this set up for a little while & it’s been working fine. I had a notification in Instagram yesterday saying the requirements for IG shopping have changed, & then when I click through they want confirmation that I’m directing people to my own website - is this the domain issue people have been having?
So it looks like they might be going through all shops already set up, & not just spot checking odd accounts before they go live :grimacing: At the minute I think I can still tag products but not sure how long that will last! I haven’t had anything via Facebook, only Instagram. Is there anything I can do or should I just leave it for now…reading above it sounds like Doug is working on a solution? Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi. I had exactly the same message yesterday, saying the shop needed to be linked to a domain I owned, like my website. I read through it all, but it sounds very complicated! Helen

1 Like

Oh no, so it is everyone then! I did have a quick look at the links above but the instructions look quite confusing at first glance, plus I’m a bit wary of messing with anything while it’s still working.
Finger’s crossed Doug can come up with some magic workaround for all of us!

3 Likes

Me too, got the same email this morning. So frustrating as spent ages getting it set up correctly with catalogues etc.

3 Likes

Yep ditto, had just done all that with a fair bit of faffing about! Wish FB wasn’t necessary - it’s more trouble than it’s worth sometimes. No doubt IG will end up just as annoying which is a real pain as I like it there!

2 Likes

So is there a solution? It seems it can only be fixed from within Facebook. I managed the steps to get it set up with very little help but now I’m completely lost as to what to do. It would be a big loss as I can see that my sales in the past few months correlate to clicks through from instagram.

1 Like

@Lellibellecards @JenStarKnits - you’re not alone. I think they changed their eligibility requirements this week. It’s so unbelievably frustrating for everyone. We’re trying to see if we can figure out a work around but no luck so far. We’re going to try appealing to Facebook directly too.

4 Likes

I hope you are able to get something to work, it must be possible if Etsy can do it but I understand that they are massive in comparison.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Good luck, Helen x

1 Like

It must be a nightmare for you - it’s bad enough just trying to figure it out as a single shop! Thanks for looking into it & good luck with finding a solution :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Are we any closer to finding a way to tag on Instagram?

I have somewhat related questions to Carol’s one above.

I have a Business Facebook account- I have loaded some items to a shop that remains in preview but when I try to create a Instagram Business account on IG it comes up with an error message (something on the lines of, ‘we will limit the amount of post’, etc, ‘learn more’) and then there is nowhere for me to tap to learn more!

Having read some of this thread, my understanding is IG users can tag their products and not have a Business account- have I understood correctly? I would be grateful if someone with a similar experience could guide me on this, I am at my wits end!

Can you have a Facebook shop not linked to IG?
Can you tag items for sale, without an IG Business account?

IG has gone doolally on me and I’m not sure f I am the only one- I keep seeing the same posts, I scrolled past a second ago, liked, or commented on, I miss loads of posts where I have actually turned their notifications on for- aggggghhhhhh!

Any advice, suggestions welcome

Annie x

Hiya. I think it all depends on when you first started setting it all up. I managed to do mine a while back, & I’m able to tag products in both platforms. I have business accounts for both, they are linked & I can do admin on both shops from Facebook. It was all done prior to the changes to Facebook, which I think is where things started going sideways!

I don’t know if it’s possible to have a FB shop not linked to IG. I can’t see how you’d be able to tag products without a business account but I’m not an expert by any stretch of the imagination!! Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Dee, I’ve given up for the night, now nor IG or Facebook will allow me to sign in, feels a bit glitchy tonight, so will leave it for a bit and investigate again later.

I only started loading the products yesterday and when I signed up to IG back in September it was a personal account- I managed to switch the Facebook to business but having a few issues with IG- best to leave it for a bit maybe!

x

After months of Facebook saying I need to verify my website to tag products in my shop on Instagram (which I have always been able to do, but I have had a Facebook shop for a long time) I have now noticed that the message has changed and says ‘Thank you for verifying your website folksy.com