How to connect your Folksy shop to Instagram Shopping

Hi there @MorriaJewellery. @GrannysHandknits and @TeodoraPaintings
Did you find a solution to this?
I’ve been asked to verify the domain, but Folksy isn’t my domain… so I can’t add meta tags, html files or anything else to the root directory…
Can anyone help @folksycontent as it’s not mentioned in the troubleshooting etc…

1 Like

My daughter ( HollyPCrafts ) is having the same problem with needing to verify the domain name, glad she’s not alone! She’s had her page approved, this seems to be the last issue.

1 Like

I was rejected for Instagram Shopping, like Heather @leavalleyart but no reason was given. I have followed Sasha’s @SashaGarrett advice, but no success.

2 Likes

SallyAnn, @thegreetingscardshop it sounds as though you have given the Instagram Shopping enough of your attention for now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve decided to leave it for now and hope someone in the future comes up with an answer

No news yet, I was not approved nor disapproved… However, I can see that I can tag my products on Facebook now.

1 Like

Hi again, I have just noticed in my Facebook commerce manager that I was not approved for Instagram shopping (I didn’t really get any notification…). I don’t understand it really, as I can see that I can tag my products on Facebook but not on Instagram so I don’t understand what’s the difference… Don’t they both comply to the same rules? Maybe a question for Instagram support when I’ll have the time.

2 Likes

I am quite relieved reading some of the above. I have been trying to set up Instagram shopping for two years and counting. I have been rejected over domain names or otherwise no reason is given. Business manager says I am not an admin, even though I set the whole thing up. Business manager says my accounts aren’t connected although I can read all my Instagram messages hrough my Facebook business page. It’s a complete pain in the a***e, especially as so many people seem to have set it up successfully.
I had a message flag up on my Instagram feed yeterday asking me to verify my domain. When I click on the message I just get an error message. My frustration with the whole thing is off the scale. On the last attempt, I followed the Folksy blog to the letter. I’m not one to easily give up on things, but I’m feeling pretty beaten.

2 Likes

I’ve heard you need to active on IG, and of course a business account.

1 Like

Have all of the above. Have had ad campaigns on Instagram, which I can only do if both FB and Insta are business accounts. . My Instagram account says it is connected to Facebook. My Facebook business page says it is connected. My Facebook business manager page says not. When I try to connect, it says I don’t own it. It’s absolutely bizarre.

2 Likes

Hi Chris @ChrisStoneArtist and @TeodoraPaintings. I myself followed the instructions to the rule and was rejected by Instagram, yet approved for Facebook. Absolutely no reason given. Very frustrating because like Chris I love Instagram. Facebook did make me laugh though, as a birthday card of a magpie was rejected. When I looked for the answer as to why, it said “because we don’t sell live Animals”!!! Hà ha ha. I changed the heading of the card and it went through. As if I would sell a live bird!!! Sallyann

3 Likes

I have been approved for Facebook too, which makes it all the more frustrating. I already get sales through Instagram and I’m sure I could get more if I was able to set up Instagram shopping.
I had a painting of an open top bus rejected as it was considered “sexualised”. Maybe they thought it would get its boobs out!

4 Likes

Facebook business manager seems to be the problem (“manager” is a misnomer). Business manager says I am not an admin (even though I set it up), so I cannot connect my Instagram account! Instagram says the accounts are connected! When I try to disconnect the Instagram account, it won;t let me because I own it. Both can’t be true. There is nobody at Facebook or Instagram I can contact about this, unless anyone knows otherwise.

3 Likes

I think this is the problem no one to speak to. Very frustrating.

4 Likes

I’m at exactly the same stage, I have got the catalogue all set up and now need to verify that I own the domain of Folksy.com! I can’t move past this stage!

3 Likes

I’ve been spending time tinkering with their over the last few weeks.

Like you @TeodoraPaintings I’ve been in to the e-commerce dashboard on Facebook business manager, however for me there is a message at the top saying I can not use Instagram shopping as I need to verify my domain, and I can’t because it’s folksy.

I actually think it’s luck of the draw, that a certain percentage are asked to verify their domains. I can’t see that I’m selling, or indeed done anything different than those with Instagram shopping enabled.

One thing I did notice, was that when I originally added my catalogue using the folksy blog info, it was completely disconnected from my ad account, and wasn’t in catalogue manager. I spent a few hours making sure all the ‘managers’ (catalogue, e-commerce, ad account etc) we’re connected to my business.

@ChrisStoneArtist there are an incredible amount of permissions settings in each section of business manager and if just one is awry I’m guessing it could cause problems.

At the moment I can only access my shop section on fb, through the e-commerce section in the business manager as I get an error going through my own page. I’ve checked with friends and my shop is visible. So that’s another dilemma as I can only access the business manager on my PC.

Anyway I’m going to have a break from the whole thing because it’s driving me nuts.

2 Likes

This is the current situation for me, you can get here through business manager via a PC

1 Like

I think you’re right @SarahDesignsUK. The domain verification thing must be part of some random spot check that some people are passing and some aren’t.
I’ve decided life is too short to waste any more time on Facebook’s nonsense. I’ve started tinkering around with building my own website instead… it’s far easier.

4 Likes

After quite a few weeks, I’ve now got an Instagram shop and am able to add products but it won’t let me tag anything.

1 Like

Hi Martine. How long since they approved your shop? I think it was a day or two before everything came across so I could tag things…

1 Like