Just joined Instagram

I can identify with everything you say Sara and some, being in my 70’s, I won’t list them all but,no bathroom,no phone ,no tele, the first transistor radios were fantastic. I think the technology now is brilliant and quite unbelievable, but takes some getting my old head around, and thanks again everbody for their helpful tips.

Paul

2 Likes

I definitely agree with the ‘I’m glad I didn’t grow up with all the technology we have today’ part! Absolutely! As a teacher of teenagers and working with pastoral support for years I can see how much more difficult they have it compared to when I was a teenager and mobile phones had only just come out so only business people had them! Haha I would have to phone my friends on the landline and that was fine! It made life a lot less complicated than it is. For young people today (I’m talking even from like 8 years +, even younger in some cases) they’re under so much pressure to have a smart phone and take part in all social media to stay within their group of friends. And because of such I firmly believe the use of it has caused mental health issues.
So yep- definitely agree that i’m glad it wasn’t a thing for me when I was young.
But - I do rely on it now- more so because I like having everything in one place and don’t have a whole lot of time to sit down at a computer: this way it can all happen on the move.

I think you’re right in one sense with it being a generational thing but I think it’s out of willingness to use new technology. My Nana is in her 70’s, she was a porter in a hospital her whole life but since she’s retired she knows more about computers than I do! Haha

Interesting subject though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I definitely wouldn’t want to be a kid with all the pressure of having to have the latest technology nowadays! Some are totally addicted to their phones, and it’s now classed as a genuine addiction, which is so sad.

I’m willing to embrace technology - but my brain isn’t wired very well for it. My sister can grasp new technology in no time - I have to write myself notes on how to do things and keep referring to them until I get the hang of things lol! I’m also on a very low income, so can’t actually afford anything like an ipad at the moment - but one day I will!

1 Like

Hi, I have an Instagram account and have been putting pictures on and using the #, I got a few followers, but would love some more
this is me www.instagram.com/bagsofelegance1963
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Paul,
I’ve just started following too. I look forward to seeing your posts.
I’m at https://www.instagram.com/cardjeanie/
I’ve been told that it’s a good idea to post a mix of photos so that you get a cross section of followers. I post photos of my cards and also my send love which is photos of flowers and gardens.

Jeanie

1 Like

Have just found and followed you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just found and followed you :slight_smile:

Hi, I have just started following you.

1 Like

Hi, Just started following you.❀

Hi Samantha

I have just signed up to Instagram. Like others on here I’m not sure what I need to do. I have put my user name in as craftsbyevelyn, what url do I need to put and does bio mean a short description of what I do. I knit and crochet baby items by the way

Will appreciate any help from anyone

Regards

Denise

1 Like

Hi Denise!

I’m not sure what you mean by url. There is a section on the profile bit that is entitled “Website.” For that, I copied and pasted the url of my Folksy page into the box so that people who look will be directed to Folksy. You can put anything you like in bio (within reason) but it needs to engage people and encourage them to follow you, so you might want to “jazz it up” a bit rather than just say what you do. As has been mentioned previously you collect followers on Instagram by posting as many pretty pictures as possible and by following people who then follow you back etc. It is much my favourite platform at the moment, so good luck and have fun!!

Sam x

Thanks Sam
Will have a look and see what I can do with it
Thanks for the advice

Denise

Just had a look at your shop. I love your items, can’t wear silver myself but my daughter coming up to her 40th shortly will definitely be looking at your jewellery
Denise