Monthly Art Chat - September

Maybe it’s because I rarely log into the main Folksy site these days. I just go to the forum! :smile:

Could be, I’m not having any problems with the forum at all.

This is lovely Jeanie, missed it earlier.

Hi all, no new additions from me I’m afraid. Back to work this week so all busy! Just had a flick through the thread and there are some wonderful things going on!

Hazel, Love the tree paintings, lovely colours.

Max, Beautiful matching coaster and aceo.

Margaret the cross stitch and paintings are brilliant!

Stephanie, Love the aceo of the pier/beach too, lovely style.

I also had trouble logging on yesterday, seems to be ok today though.

Hope everyone is well!

2 Likes

Hi Kelly and thank you :slight_smile: where do you work?

Morning waving hi to everryone. Aches are a little better today :). Not looking forward to jouney in and out to work today its chaos NATO Summit, armed police, helicopters, Amercian security and barriers everywhere, not good!

Hope your day goes OK Max, sounds like there will be a lot of traffic en route for you today :smile:

Morning Everyone and thank you all for the comments on my Trees, I had a great day in the studio yesterday, the wax really was flowing, I didn’t want to stop painting …

This was my inspiration for this series of trees … a thought that came to me when I was painting the first tree last week …

We are all branches on our own trees, some entwine more than others, some have lots of branches off them, and others are more single but they are all connected and have the same root structure … Family !

So the collection I am painting are all very different, just as our families are very different :slight_smile:

Hope you all have a good day, I’ll pop back to see all you lovely work later, I have web work to catch up on this morning but might get back in the studio later …

I will need to photograph some of the new pieces ready to go online, but the ones for the exhibit I am hoping Adrian will do for me, he has all the gear and as its for my website I’d like them to be the best they can be, my pictures are OK, my little compact camera does an OK job and its what I use when I’m listing etc. but Adrian’s product photography is much better than mine …

Hazel

1 Like

Love your trees Hazel, I love painting trees too!

Max, hope your journey isn’t too bad today, sounds a bit hazardous

have a great day everyone! :smile:

2 Likes

Mornig! I am early to-day!
Got jobs to do!

So here is my new listing…inspired by Margaret’s gorgeous embroidery of yesterday, I took up my paints and enjoyed myself. Very pleased with it!
http://folksy.com/items/6514376-Aceo-Original-Watercolour-Poppy-Landscape-Painting-Miniature-Art-2-5-x-3-5-ins

Thanks Margaret! Jeanie x

It looks lovely Jeanie! I had a go at painting it with my artbars at postcard size yesterday. Not too sure about the result, might try again with a different technique.

I can’t take the credit for the original embroidery picture, I just sewed it from a kit!lol I’m doing a poppy tapestry at the moment which I also love the picture for, but that won’t be finished this year I wouldn’t think.

morning ladies…good luck with the journey Max…on our trip last week we obviously had to head through Newport and there were barriers up all along the roads. A cousin of mine went to Newport Two days ago and had a prang in her car and within seconds she was surrounded by security men !!
Be back later with a listing.

Good morning gang :smile:

Good luck with all hat security Max, sounds fun to say the least!

Hazel I’ve been having a nightmare with photos this morning. Not good as I should be writing a bio for an upcoming project…deadline is looming…

Lol Margaret I don’t think you can say that you “just” sewed it from a kit!

Jeanie that’s very pretty although is to me an obvious compositional copy…but then I’m completely paranoid about copyright laws.

Waves Brenda, looking forward to seeing your listing.

Here’s mine, a 3D beach hut painting

1 Like

That’s brilliant Stephie, love that one! :smile:

1 Like

Waving everyone :slight_smile:

That is amazing Stephie I really love what you have done with the picture and frame …

That will sell in no time - if I wasn’t over run with art lol I’d be tempted myself :slight_smile:

Busy day here - just back from posting my commission - painting again after lunch … More trees :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both…there’s always room for more art Hazel, just put another nail in the wall :smiley:

1 Like

Yes! my painting was a deliberate copy for fun to compliment Margaret’s sewing!
I think I did a pretty good job of it!

But far be it for me to infringe ’ copyright '…or to offend anyone.
Therefore I have delisted it…
Jeanie x

Jeanie, I think there may have been a problem because presumably it’s the needlework company who has copyright over the image. Technically I’m not even sure if I’m meant to show the finished embroidery online, but I don’t think anyone would mind that. It could be seen as an advertisement to anyone else who wants to buy the kit and sew their own version! :slight_smile:

Thanks Margaret!! any way I have de listed it now, so it won’t cause problems to anyone!!!

I enjoyed the challenge though!!

Jeanie x

1 Like

It’s a sad day for me, I’m taking my bunny to be put down this afternoon. He’s 11 years old - not bad for a dwarf, he was only supposed to live for 5 years - but sadly he’s reached the point where the good moments are significantly outweighed by the bad.

Very sorry about your bunny Stephie, it’s never easy to lose a pet no matter how well they’ve done in terms of age.

1 Like