One-click checkout now live on Folksy!

I see mine and yours. Android tablet and phone using chrome

@Knittingtopia How weird - maybe only customers can see it, and if we are signed in as sellers we don’t see it?

I’m signed in and see it in my own shop. It must be something to do with different browsers or something (I really don’t understand tech) Maybe @folksycontent can shed some light?

Thanks for checking Carol. I have emailed support. I use Firefox as browser.

1 Like

I couldn’t see mine, so I signed out and checked it again. Still couldn’t see it. It’s weird - it seems to show for some people and not for others.

2 Likes

@JudyAdams you will only see the google pay / apple pay if you (as a shopper) are signed up for it. These are apps that you have on phones not on laptops/ PCs - you save your credit card details within an app on the phone so you can then wave it at contactless payment machines or use it for online shopping without having to find your credit card. If you are viewing from a PC/ laptop or a phone which isn’t set up with google pay/ apple pay you won’t see the button.

5 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, Sasha!

1 Like

@SashaGarrett You echoed what my partner just said when he viewed my shop on his phone and saw the button perfectly well in my shop items. It would have been good to have known that from the outset! Thanks so much Sasha.

1 Like

Thanks Sasha, that explains why I can’t see it.

1 Like

Great, thank you.

I have just received a reply from Support at Folksy confirming that your device has to be signed up for Apple or Google Pay in order for your device to see the button either on your own or other people’s shops. Mystery solved as per Sasha’s posting.

2 Likes

@SashaGarrett I’m viewing on a PC and can see the Google pay button on other peoples shops (not mine as I’m Paypal only) and I’m not signed up for googlepay, but I do have a google account for my email and youtube so I do sign in to Google when on my PC. Perhaps thats all you need.
I can’t see apple pay as I don’t have any apple items.

@KBCreations Like you I have a Google account and a Google email address, but not google pay. But unlike you I am not able to see the button on other people’s shops. No idea why, but it’s not really a problem. I think I’m giving up on my studies of buttonology at this point!

3 Likes

Thanks Sasha. I must admit, it did cross my mind whether that might be the reason.

1 Like

Thanks Carol x

1 Like

Just out of interest I logged out of Google completely including youtube and now I can’t see the Gpay button, so definately connected in some way.

2 Likes

@KBCreations Did you ever set up/ use google wallet? (A forerunner to google pay) I’ve never used google wallet or google pay and don’t see the google pay button if I’m logged into my google account. The fact that you mention it disappears when you log out of your account suggests that there is something within your account that is causing it to appear. It might be worth having a look through the apps on your phone to see if it is there in the back ground (possibly disabled, it can come pre installed on phones).

(I’m just getting my OH to run some tests for me so I’ll be back, hopefully with more info)

@KBCreations right so my OH can’t replicate seeing a google pay button on his PC (he has the app on his phone but it is not set up). So my suggestion is to log into your google email and then clicking on the square of dots in the top right corner - this will bring up a list of google services you have at your disposal. Do you see google pay or google wallet as an option there?

@SashaGarrett I have checked what I have and I am definately not set up anywhere for google pay and the app is not on my phone. However, I have had a chat with hubby (35 years in IT and very technical). He has google pay set up on his phone and on his PC. He uses it on his phone all the time when out shopping, and also uses it occasionally when oliine shopping on the PC (contrary to popular belief it can be used on the PC/laptop if you set it up in Chrome). Now, our accounts are sycronised, and we share a youtube premium account, so I suspect maybe it picks that up? Although I do have my own pc and my own log in.

1 Like

Ok folks apologies I’ve just read back through all the replies (should have done prior to posting) and see now that I need Apple Pay on my IPad or phone to enable me to see it.