TikTok ?! Share links and tips!

Hi @missc71 I have just followed you on TikTok, your videos look fab! love your products

1 Like

Iā€™ve followed you back :+1:

2 Likes

:pray::pray::pray:and I think Iā€™ve followed back xxx

1 Like

yeah you have, Thankyou :blush: xxx

1 Like

Hi @missc71 :grinning:

Thanks for the TikTok follow :+1:

Iā€™ve followed back :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks Katrina x

2 Likes

Iā€™ve just given you all a follow on the Folksyhq official Tik Tok (: I totally get that it can be out of sellers comfort zones, so Iā€™d say go at it at your own pace. It can just be a fun platform for you to experiment with taking videos of your products or even showing the face behind the business!

@kerrylouisearts I have also seen a big arts and crafts community on Tik Tok which is why I was interested in making an account for Folksy in the first place! It could be a good place for you to grow a following and direct sales to your Folksy shop.

One big piece of advice would be to use trending songs/sounds. They tend to be picked up by the algorithm and could lead to more views and more sales.
I would also say to make sure you have your Folksy shop in your bio, or use a tool like linktr.ee to hold multiple links. That way when people see your work on Tik Tok they can go directly from your video to your shop (:

4 Likes

Hi, @sophiamoreno Thanks for the advice re Tik Tok, :blush: will definitely follow your advice. I have made 3 sales through it already so itā€™s definitely worth getting to know the platform.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve done a test post to TikTok today :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: I look forward to doing some product related vids now Iā€™ve taken this first step! :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

The TikTok I did yesterday has had 684 views and fifty likes! :+1:t2: :partying_face::scream::scream::scream::scream:

2 Likes

thatā€™s fab !! congratulations !! :tada:

1 Like

Thanks @kerrylouisearts :hugs:

I think it would be great if Folksy could add the option of having our TikTok link at the bottom of our ā€˜aboutā€™ sections alongside the other socials!

What do you reckon @folksycontent @sophiamoreno :+1: :pray: :wink:

3 Likes

That would be amazing if they could ! :blush:

1 Like

ohhh that idea is ace. Writing it down :writing_hand: Doug (tech wiz) is super busy at the moment but itā€™ll be added to the list! (:

2 Likes

Excellent! :+1: Thanks Sophia! :grinning:

1 Like

Yesterday I made my first product video!

Canā€™t wait to do more now!

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Hi @sophiamoreno :grinning: I hope youā€™re having a lovely weekend :partying_face:

I was just thinking - seeing as GooglePlus is no more, could @dougfolksy sneak the TikTok link in its place? :thought_balloon: :bulb: :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m finding with a business account you canā€™t use the trending songs. If you have a personal account you then canā€™t add a clickable shop link in your bio.

Hiya, sorry for the late reply, Iā€™ve been a busy bee! :honeybee: Thatā€™s another great idea and Iā€™ll definitely pass that on to Doug! Thank you (:

1 Like

Both the business and personal accounts definitely have pros and cons to them! I think having a personal account with access to trending songs is better because the videos that use trending songs get seen by more people. With a personal account, you can have links to your Instagram or Youtube so it would be worth having your Folksy shops in the bio of those platforms (which I saw you do have!). I wish TikTok would let personal accounts have links - that may be something they consider in the future.

2 Likes