Variations - what do you need?

hi,

variations is a great idea. I sell decorative light jars and some of them come in different colours and sizes, so this would be ideal for me. x

I would like variations for my cufflinks including Gift Box (with options of black card, white leatherette and black leatherette) with a price variation option for each. In addition I would a variation for wedding cufflinks Wedding Party Options (Groom, father of the bride, groomsman etcā€¦). A variation for quantity so larger orders get a discount, this would need a price variation option.

For my prints I would like a Size variation (8x10, a4, a3 etcā€¦) with price options. A variation for framed or I framed with price options. A Page Type variation (white dictionary page, aged dictionary page, plain fine art paper) with price options.

If I think of more I will post again!

For me it would be variations on colour, flavour, shape, tag text - that would be really useful if customers could put in their own text (and you coudl limit the characters) at the moment it works ok but a little cumbersome.

Exciting - variations would be amazing for my shop. I sell soap & toiletries.

Iā€™d like as many variations as possible :slight_smile: Scent would be the best! Size would be fabulous too though Iā€™d need price variation alongside that.

I sell prints (photos & illustrations) & invites etc - size options (& therefore price) & colour options for same design would be great! Paper stock & finish options too would be also be great (e.g. Paper weight & gloss or matt print finish).

Hi camilla,

I would like to make listings with a choice of sizes and also be able to put different prices on these listings. Mope this makes senseā€‹:flushed::flushed:

Hurrah! Jewellery: different stones, sizes for rings, bangles, length of chain for pendants, different finishes, say matt, shiny, darkened, that sort of thing.With the option of different prices too.

Circumference in inches works for me to describe chest sizes for T shirts and belt sizes from an un-known point on the buckle to the centre hole.

Shoe size in either EU or UK would be good. Itā€™s possible to combine the two length scales quite accurately if you allow one to describe the other in quarters, but thatā€™s a bit messier

I tried selling jackets without success on another site. People started asking about inside sleeve length and collar to hem, so maybe they know better than me what to look for. I havenā€™t had much success selling jackets! Likwise I suppose trouser sellers want inside leg measurements.

Variations on quantities of small items would be great this would allow for better prices on multi buys. Also variations on size and colour really useful too

At least two variations - colour and size would be very useful. The size option would need to include price variations. If one of the options was customisable that would also be very useful e.g. if I list a jewellery set it would be nice to have the option of selling the items separately, again this would need to include price variations.

Variations at last!
For each item I list Iā€™ll have 22 variations.
First option is type of material, so birch ply or hardwood ply.
Then second option is length, and I offer 11 different lengths.
These two variations is all I need.
Please bring variations soon.

Fantastic, variants would would be great, it would make my shop much easier to navigate and manage. At the moment my kits have rather taken over because they have multiple listings for colour vairiants, rather to the detriment of my finished work, which isnā€™t really how I want to present my shop.
The option to select our own variations would be brilliant but failing that, size and colour would keep me going. I would like to be able to apply different prices though to the size options, which I appreciate may not be MVP. The one feature Iā€™d really like for variations though is the thing thatā€™s missing on ā€˜the other sideā€™ - the ability to record the stock level against the variant, not the master. On the other side, the stock level is held against the master listing. So if I start with four colours, each with one in stock I can set the master listings stock at 4 overall, but then someone could buy 4 of the same colour, which I donā€™t have. If I instead set the stock at 1, then they can only buy one full stop, which with kits is daft as people often purchase several. In addition, when they make a purchase, the other side decrement the master listing, but I need to then go in and manually manage the in stock/out of stock indicator for the variant sold - they donā€™t do that for you, which again leaves me at risk of selling something I donā€™t have. Again this might not be considered MVP from a shop front/customer experience perspective, but from a listings management point of view itā€™s a real gap over there, and a real plus for sellers choosing a platform.

2 Likes

If listing a greetings card. Iā€™d love a drop down menu so I can list it in more than one section for example blank cards. Mothers day. Birthday card. Anniversary and so on. At present I can only list it as one type of card.
Or list it in several categories such as Cards or Photography without having to create a new listing each time.
I hope this makes sense.

I was also planning to not renew my Plus account because of the fact that I canā€™t offer variations to buyers. Much of my jewellery now is custom made, personalised and made to order and I need to offer buyers drop down menus where they can choose different colours, initial letters, chain lengths, etc.

Some of my jewellery also has several charms on it and I also need to be able to offer buyers the choice of just one charm, or two charms, or three charms, etc and offer price variations accordingly. From my experience of doing this on other sites, people really like to be able to make these choices and customise their jewellery.

Really hoping that this new feature rolls out soon :smile:

I would like size, colour and quantity please with the ability to change the price of each variation.

Iā€™ll add my voice to Adding material and colour as variation options.

Price change for variations available too.

Colour and sizes with the option to have different prices (ie: a larger size would cost more than the small size)

I would like to offer my items with or without a gift box- at the moment I donā€™t charge for them so the cost comes out of my profit, and I know some people donā€™t even want one. Alternative colours for necklace cord, perhaps.

Iā€™m another jewellery maker and would love to be able to offer a choice of chain length, stone colour, font for hand stamped items and number of charms. It would be amazing if out of stock options such as chain length could be made visible.

Thanks for considering this, I think it would be a great asset for a huge number of Folksy shops.

I was thinking about this the other day. I make jewellery and the optiion to select colours, type of metal e,g, silver plate, sterling silver or gold etc would allow the customer to choose easily.

Sizes for bracelets, necklace lengths would also be very useful.

Thanks very much!