Weekly Art Chart Thread - w/c 24th August 2015

It’s rare to see my Art In wax in there believe me Brenda, I almost fell off my chair lol

Go on … add in Julie Andrews :wink: lovely picture

Hazel, rare isn’t the same as never.

1 Like

Another gorgeous book Max

I’ve got ‘the hills are alive’ in my brain now Brenda, and it’s all your fault! Lovely landscape :smile:

Hazel, I think that’s probably my favourite of your recent ACEOs, so pretty.

1 Like

Morning (just), lovely work everyone.

Has anyone used those pip boxes for art? I’m just packaging up a sale (not from here) and am really wishing I’d invested. When someone pays £30 for a postcard I think they probably expect it not to arrive in old amazon branded packaging lol. Off to find some blank card in my loft…

Brenda please don’t get disheartened, your art is gorgeous and it sells well. If you want to be featured you probably need some lifestyle type photos…propped up against some books or shells or something.

Hiya all…

I’ve gone back to doing ACEO’s for a change…

https://folksy.com/items/6704109-ACEO-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-GLITTER-001

3 Likes

Stephie…I want them to see my paintings and not my wallpaper!..and because most of my paintings are detailed, if you stand back to take the picture on a mini easel etc then the paintings don’t look good…and of course folksy insist on pictures being squared off which makes it even more difficult to get a good shot…
It also just seems unfair that people like us who chat, join in, start threads etc etc often get overlooked and people who are featured are often “Post and run” people…so what is the point in spending my valuable time when I could be painting more… It is no disrespect to those who get chosen, as they are all nice people and do beautiful work, my point is, why do I bother to spend so much time joining in when I appear to be invisible.

3 Likes

Ah Brenda you keep coming back and joining in my lovely because you care :smile: and we care about you too, by the way since the more recent changes you don’t need square photos anymore I have all sizes, even some long ones maybe you could try a few and see how they go :smile: you could try an ACEO propped up against a small stone with some flowers in the background, don’t be disheartened I finally managed to get in a guide but not art it was jewellery and I have been here for five years so your not alone there :smile:

Lovely work everyone by the way, am on the train on way back from Chippenham a very long day looking forward to my pj’s and an early night lol

2 Likes

Didn’t know that about the not-square thing Max, is that for the main photo too?

Brenda I know what you mean, taking and editing all the photos takes valuable time - if it’s not your cup of tea then don’t wouldn’t worry about it. I hope you’re not feeling invisible on this thread :heart:

Max, I am sorry but that just isn’t true…
I just tried a test listing and although when you click on the individual item it shows the whole picture…on the preview (showing all the items in my shop) it has cropped the picture.
To prove this, here is the preview picture that people will first see…it has cut off the fairy’s head and also there is a butterfly at the top of the painting that has also been cut off.
I will leave it there until tomorrow lunch time so that you can see what I mean…
So whoever said you don;t need to square the pics any more was not telling the truth.
here is the preview…can you see the butterfly top left?..nooooo…nor can you see the bun or crown on the fairy’s head…or the bottom of her dress…or the top of her wings…I rest my case.

Your right Brenda, it does crop them, I just went and had a look at mine I hadn’t really noticed as I tend to have a lot of ‘space’ around items so even with a crop it still shows the item, though there are a few that are looking a tad odd, will have to look at those over the weekend, anyway I just pinned, stumbled and tweeted you, hopefully you’ll not be invisible tonight! :smile:

Kelly did you notice any increase in your views after I stumbled and pinned your too?

Max, I don’t think Kelly or I ever look at our views…too depressing…If I sell, I sell, If I don’t, I don’t.
When I took pictures with background around them, I was taken to task on a lot of the fb art threads, saying that they looked unprofessional, which is why on there I show the whole pic, which is NOT cropped but doesn’t get distorted. On the auction site you just show the whole picture too…not sure why on here they have to be squared…

You have some lovely art Brenda. I especially like this one and the way you have photographed and displayed it :smile:

Folksy change the guide items all the time, I dare say we are in them more than we know - it hadn’t done me any good being in, I haven’t sold much here at all this year and yet overall I’ve sold more this year than I have in the past couple of years put together, so it seems folksy might not be the best place for Art In Wax. I sold /sent a couple yesterday and I have a large piece we are hand delivering to North Essex next week but August has been quieter for me but I’ve been busy with other things and getting ready for the next miniature fair so not been promoting as much online. But I’m a real believer in the ebb and flow so … Going with the flow today off to paint early … Hope you all have a good day.

This is one of my new listed ACEO

4 Likes

Morning all…Hazel, that painting HAD to photographed on an angle because otherwise it looked like it was painted on paper…
I think I might dig a hole and crawl in it today…
On the auction site, despite listing and selling more than ever and only having 4 unsold in the last 2 years, I get a message saying that I no longer meet the requirements to be a top rated seller !! (??)
THEN, I get a message from a customer saying how much she loved her landscape aceo and is glad that I no longer paint fantasy pictures because she found them disturbing !! (she didn’t look very closely !)
I can understand that people all have likes and dislikes but why not just say that fantasy paintings are not her thing…or why even mention it?
aaaaargh !!

@teabreaks It’s so easy to feel dis heartened when you feel like no-ones looking. I’ve been really lucky and have been featured a few times in guides etc over the last year, but I’m still not selling loads. I’ve been lucky enough to have my shrink plastic jewellery go down well recently but I haven’t sold any in the last week or so. That’s just something that comes with making quirkier stuff I think- and your stuff deffo’ isn’t your average art- with is a really positive thing. Keep at it. At least you are selling well elsewhere :slight_smile:

ps: take what some people say with a pinch of salt- some people have no tact and will just say exactly what they’re thinking without any consideration.

1 Like

Lovely ACEO’s @HazelRayfield and @Kelever. And I love your book @paperchainsandbeads- very pretty.

I’ve been working more on worry dolls, I decided to give them dotty eyes and to create separate dolls with classic Twinkle & Gloom faces.

3 Likes

Hiya all…

Great work all.

Thank-you Lowri. Lovely work from you too :smile:

https://folksy.com/items/6704571-ACEO-Original-Abstract-Encaustic-Art-Fantasy-Flower-Painting-With-GLITTER-002-

1 Like

Afternoon all…been a busy morning…
I have just two relists and listed this new aceo…

1 Like

I’m watching ‘what do artists do all day’ on catch up tv. I was amazed to see that Sir Peter Blake (pop artist) traces his portraits from photos. Also, his collages seem to be cut out of magazines…surely that’s copyright infringement? Maybe no one challenges him because he’s famous.

1 Like

Stephie…it is amazing what people can get away with…not good is it…

I’ve always felt that tracing faces was cheating… Lots of people I went to college with did it- I always felt like it was a bit of a short cut. That’s just my personal opinion though.