šŸ‘‹ Welcome to the Folksy Forums (Read Me)! Introduce yourself here :)

Hi, Iā€™m just opening up a new shop. I used to have a folksy shop years ago, but now making again with totally different jewellery. Look forward to getting involved in the Folksy community.
Cara x

1 Like

Hello there !

I am Oana and I am new to Folksy ( pretty new ).
Havenā€™t made any sales yet but I am very optimisticšŸ˜€
I sell hand painted wine glasses, mugs, cups with saucers and on my waiting list are some teapots and kitchen worktops.
Hopefully everyone is doing well !

1 Like

Hello, just opened my shop yesterday, I have been selling my cards for a few years now, decided it would be nice to have another place to share my work. Looking forward to chatting with people.

Hi, Iā€™m Jane (not sure iā€™m typing this in the right box yet?! lol) Iā€™ve just opened a Folksy shop and ditched Etsy, what a breath of fresh air Folksy is! I love its simplicity and the fact no one is threatening me with closure if I donā€™t jump through all the hoops. I also wanted to support the uk economy by patronising a British business, the USA has had more than its fair share of my moolah!
Anyway glad to be here :slight_smile: :smile: :wave:

3 Likes

Hi, Iā€™ve had a folksy shop for several years, but never sold anything but now I have stopped going to work (before the pandemic hit) I hope to re stock and make a go of it! I struggle with all forms of social media and the equipment to use them, so it will be interesting to speak to other shop owners to find out how they manage :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Ruth from SoMuchSoap and Stained Glass, Iā€™m a total newbie to online selling. Iā€™ve been making glassworks for 20 years and soap for well over 10, also teaching stained glass for five years too. Obviously as all my face to face teaching/selling has stopped and itā€™s given me the impetus to actually set up a folksy account, something Iā€™ve been meaning to do for years. Looking forward to the whole online adventure.
So hello everyone. Ruth

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Michele, I have been selling cross stitch items online for years but never on Folksy. I finished my job the Friday before the lock down with a view to having a holiday then finding a new job. Unfortunately all the jobs I applied for were withdrawn, even having attended some interviews. It has given me the time to set up a website and a Folksy account, I decided to start with selling the items I have made over the last year or so, most of these were models for kits and patterns I sell. I decided to list the finished items first, kits and charts will follow. I seem to have less time now than I did when I was working full time but as it is something I enjoy the time has flown and I still havenā€™t done half the things I want to do. I am not very good with social media but I think it will help me promote my items so it is something I will be looking at improving soon. Any advice would be most welcome.
Michele

2 Likes

Hi Michele @Karella. I have already mentioned you in the Pinterest Promo Post, so that all still stands. Yes, I have said Social Media is a must (well it is for me - my favourite is Instagram, but here is the snag - you have to join Facebook before you have an Instagram Account. and I personally donā€™t like to be swamped by having to read literally hundreds of Facebook posts each day. I find then that I usually give up half way (and it could have been a potential sale for someone - thatā€™s why I like these Forums). ā€¦Thatā€™s ok though, as on FB I donā€™t follow that many people. Instagram on the other hand is lovely - just sharing basically.

I have gone off the beaten track a bit, but I do like your shop a lot, and have liked and pinned a few items you are selling. I hope you enjoy Folksy as much as I do, and hopefully soon you will be selling loads of your lovely cross stitch.

One more thing - when you get time, it would be nice to have a profile picture (either of yourself, or something you sell) - I never have liked that blank Avatar (whatever itā€™s meant to be!!! ha ha ha, with that beep thingy).

SallyAnn

Hi Jane

Welcome to Folksy. I did click on your Etsy Link, and noted you had closed your Shop.

Canā€™t wait to see you here. And yes, as you quote, Folksy is a breath of fresh air. I too used to belong to Etsy, until they changed all the rules, plus it was becoming too much like EBay, and not handmade, like Folksy.

SallyAnn

Lovely work Gillian. I have liked you on Instagram too. Hope you enjoy Folksy again.
SallyAnn

1 Like

Hi all, well having read and gained advice from a lot of the lovely Folksy sellers :heart_eyes: Iā€™ve taken the plunge to open a second shop for my Textile makes and finally managed to get it up an running :blush: New shop is TinkA Textiles, only listed a few items and need to seriously polish up my photography. Any advise on this would be fantastic. Karen xx

I know the feeling Chris! Wishing you all the best, your work is beautiful. :grinning:

Hello, my name is Frances and Iā€™ve just started Pretty Polymer Designs. I sell handmade polymer clay earrings, all earrings are made by myself. Started off as a hobby, making earrings for myself and family. From this more and more people have been requesting them. I am bit nervous to be selling them and starting off a small business but I am feeling positive for my new adventure!!:purple_heart::raised_hands:t2:

Hi everyone! I am super excitied to be launching my logo design shop here on Folksy. For the rest of June you can purchase a bespoke logo for only Ā£15, and with a co-ordinating banner for only Ā£20!
I really look forward to working with some of you to make your online shops stand out!

2 Likes

Hi my name is russell from dog house products and just opened a shop selling wood burning projects and slate products, looking forward to talking to you all and all the tips and tricks to selling x

1 Like

Hi Iā€™ve just opened a new shop TinkA Textiles for all my textile creations. Finally managed to list some items to kick start and hereā€™s hoping :grinning: Any advice on anyway to improve always greatly received. Thank you xx

Hi, Iā€™m new to using the forum. Just having a nosey round to find out what itā€™s all about :blush:

1 Like

Good evening everyone :grinning: My name is Sarah and Iā€™ve rejoined Folksy to see if I can have some success this time around. Iā€™ve had a sale so thatā€™s an improvement on last time :hugs:
Hopefully itā€™s the first of many!

1 Like

Hi, just discovered the forum so thought I would say hello :grinning: I make bears and a few other things. Set up my folksy shop a few months back but still not happy with my photos and things so still feels unfinished :laughing:

Julie

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™ve just joined the forum page and Iā€™m having a quick look around at the topics. I opened my shop in November so Iā€™m not really new to Folksy however I am new on these forum pages. Iā€™m looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing some crafty hints and tips. See you all soon, Iā€™m off for a browse now.

2 Likes