Who's had a sale this week?

Go you chris. let’s hope many more sales come your way

Excellent @SapphiraDesigns,well done no matter where!

No sales for me either since mid November, despite lots of promoting :frowning: Definitely quieter than last year.

I like it here, I really want my shop here to do well @Rozcraftz

I’ve sold 5 things so far this month, which is an improvement on last January’s 3. Three items were to a returning customer in America, one a custom order and one ‘normal’. I’m beginning to panic a bit as I only seem to sell my pewter items and, as I’ve decided not to make in pewter any more, supplies are getting a bit low. I wish my other crafts would take off!..

1 Like

Is there a “magic” listing number? Or is it just hit or miss. On the “other” site it suggests you get more views because you have more chance in the search , but suppose this is true anywhere, except, here if you enter “pink bracelet” you will get "pink bracelet in the hits!

I only sold 2 item from July to November and I know I definitely sold more than that last year.

Gosh, I am surprised Pauline!

1 Like

Ouch! thats bad…sorry to hear that :frowning:

Lindsay

Yes I’ve had several sales this month. Every time I list something in my shop I post a photo of it on my facebook page and also add a link in the comment. Today’s sale was obviously as a direct result of that process as my customer put a comment on the Facebook photo.
Are you directing people to your Folksy shop from your Facebook page. I find it very effective.

Joy xx

1 Like

Good @JOYSofGLASS! No, I’m not that hot on Facebook, I don’t have many likers, 325? And as you know not all see the post.

I have had two sales in the last week. January has been better than last year for me.
Maureen.

1 Like

None this week but had a few in January so feeling quite positive. Here’s hoping and best wishes to all. Mandy

1 Like

Had two this month, which is really good for me. I am hoping this year I get more sales from my Folksy shop as I will be promoting Folksy a lot more.

Excellent @biskettblue. Where you promoting, I tweet.

Thanks to a couple of decent craft fairs and family/friends giving me orders I’ll probably be in profit (just!) but I must admit I’ve had periods on here when I’ve totally lost my mojo I’ve even ‘walked away’ a couple of times leaving my shop in holiday mode and doing no promotion (I know this won’t have helped getting my shop seen but it gets to the point when I think ‘why bother’) I use facebook and join in on some of the sharing threads on here which seems to boost views for a day or so but doesn’t lead to sales. I’m in the process of trying to come up with some items other than cards to add to my shop in the hope that variety leads to more sales.

@ChillOutChic Handmade Morning I promote everywhere - Twitter, Facebook, Gmail+ Pinterest Instagram if I see someone talking about a subject I will send a link to the Folksy site.
Like if anyone knits, Radio 4 are doing a knitting in January feature - Knitters of the world unite. I was so chuffed to see my Pig tea cosy on their Pinterest board - Knitting Radio 4 so that is another link to Folksy :smile:

1 Like

I can totally understand @DeesDesigns I get very disheartened. Time of the year is not helping much either. I have been on the “other” site more last year but found it far too big and I’m so small, overwhelming there. Am looking to concentrate on Folksy this year, will still list there. I like the idea of a UK site. I tweet a lot, Twitter brings views and will continue with it, as you never know!

1 Like

Last week was the first week for a long time that I haven’t had a sale.

I had 3 sales last week - 2 were from previous customers, who bought this time I think through seeing my items posted on my FB page & the other from one of the other sellers on the daily listings thread.

It is a quiet time of year - I’m using it to catch up on general things around the house as well as making & promoting