Who's had a sale this week?

“Just” three items - two to the same buyer. I’m pleasantly surprised as I’d expected a flat patch at this time.

1 Like

I’m pleased to hear others have had some sales this month
I don’t think I’ll get any sales till valentine’s day or mothers day. I’m keeping everything crossed.

I can’t really promote on other sites as i don’t have accounts with them and really don’t want to get one either.
Iv had bad experiences on those kind of sites and it really puts you off.

I do promote at fairs. So hopefully that will help.

Exactly the same here Di, but given the weather, what I sell, time of year etc. I would expect it to slow a bit. And, if I’m honest, it’s at least giving me time to get some new ideas made. I’ve had the ideas building up for months and no time to make anything :smile:

I’ve just sold one of my knitting patterns to my first customer in Canada. My very first non UK sale I’ve made on Folky.

6 Likes

I have decided not to worry too much as I’m a bit unmotivated in January anyway. I am just trying to enjoy making when I feel like it and the creative juices are flowing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

folksy has been really slow for me but today I got 2 separate orders!

5 Likes

Wow, well done @dianesdecoupage maybe things are perking up a bit?

1 Like

Have had several sales already this week, but not actually on Folksy, but via my website and by direct emailed contact. Also been approached by a major charity who would like to have options on some of my images of buildings, so quite chuffed that they are interested. Some of my clients are promising more repeat business, but we have to wait and see.

I think, like a lot of things, it can take a long time to build up a business and a reputation. And I don’t even do Facebook or Twitter !

4 Likes

That’s brilliant news congratulations.

Glad to here quite a lot of you have had success. I’ve just reduced my prices. Are you all full members on the £45 per year membership? just wondered if it improves sales. thanks fellow-creatives! Patrick

I do have the plus account but I think my sales are coming from me promoting on in as many places as possible and the fact I’ve been here for 2 years now so starting to at least be noticed.

I would be very careful about lowering prices because if your prices are seen as low it could put people off. It’s the thought why is that so cheap is it poor quality? Do not undervalue your work. If you don’t value it then others will not either.

Think who are your target market?

Hi Eileen,
thanks for sharing. I appreciate what you’re saying about reducing prices/valuing our work. I’ll bear it in mind. i just thought it would be good to standardise my prices across all online apps and in shops. It’s great that you’re having 2 years of growth

Yes, pricing, always a tricky one! I am like most I suppose, no idea if I’m pricing right. Lol. Feel free to advise me if you have a spare moment?

Hi All

No sales yet boo hoo, I am getting between 70 100 views most days, so my shop is having ones look in, am I doing something wrong, I am quite new here to folksy, I am also on etsy and I sold five the whole of last year, am I wasting my time I wonder.

this is my latest painting

https://folksy.com/items/6595720-Abstract-Acrylic-Inks-Painting-Universe-Multi-Colour-Art-Decorative-Surreal-

its not to everyone taste but I have sewing items also in my shop, thinking these would sell better.

I must keep positive

Sue

Still no sales this year but I would love to get even 25 views a day- 75-100 is amazing !!! I have to admit I’m not doing much promoting at the moment as trying to list as much stock as possible before my FolksyPlus runs out on the 29th. However, when I was doing lots of promoting last year I still never got that many views. On the plus side I have had 4 sales via other places :slight_smile:

You not renewing your plus account then @SamsGemstoneJewellery

In answer to your question Amberlilly,I am not sure. Currently it runs out on the 29th Jan so things will be on here until the end of May. I will continue to promote everywhere as much as possible and depending on how many sales I get will be the deciding factor on whether I renew. I work full time and seem to spend nearly every evening working on promoting etc so I absolutely brain dead by Friday. I love it here and don’t want to go but I do better on Ebay and E**y so I would rather spend the time I do have, promoting on sites where I do get good sales.

I had some last week does that count :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t blame you in the leat @SamsGemstoneJewellery you have to go where you get the sales. I like the Britishness of Folksy, some do get lots of sales here, but you need to be found first and I’m having this problem everywhere I go, here is no different than the other E for me, but the forum is soooo much nicer, in fact I just refuse to go on their forums now.

No Folksy Sales for 2 weeks & just a few on the other. Christmas sales were good though - better than I’d hoped for - roll on September :smile:

1 Like