Are you featured in regional gift guides?

@LittleBeader Brilliant thanks Sue

Will @folksycontent be checking the regional pinterest boards periodically to update the gift guides. I am still addding new items when I make them but didnā€™t know whether they were still active or not, should we be adding to them still?

1 Like

It would be great to be featured in the Lancashire guide if possible

1 Like

Hiya, Iā€™m not sure which regional one covers Lincolnshire but I would love to be featured in there xxx

I guess it might be the Midlands one?
If youā€™re on pinterest, the request to join button actually seems to be showing for that group board: https://pin.it/xhfu666ujom3jp?fbclid=IwAR272o3blIFjR2BE8DInLNeoEOaCeBfcVSswW-iCGEftrfMQsdW_0fQJ9U0

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: have requested to join it xxx

Hi Clare, Iā€™m on the Suffolk Norfolk Boarder so would love you to consider one or two of my items to be included in the East Anglian Gift Guide.
Thank you muchly

Jan x

Gosh that was quick, thank you @clarefolksy for adding a couple of my items to the East Anglia guide :slight_smile:

Hi Claire, @clarefolksy any chance I could be added to the Made in Scotland gift guide? I have Scottish Borders in my descriptions, should I change this to Scottish Borders, Scotland or even just Scotland to be more visible?? Thanks for your help.
Sharon

Sorry about probably stupid question, but where are the gift guides?
Iā€™m posting on the Pinterest board ā€˜made in Lancashireā€™, but I guess thatā€™s not what youā€™re talking about!! Thank you

On the main home page go to ā€˜A Selection of Our Gift Ideasā€™ and click on the orange ā€˜See Moreā€™ button. Youā€™ll find all the gift guides there. :slight_smile:

Thanks Jan! Found it! Got a couple of items in Made in Lancashire :slight_smile:

1 Like

Retrosheep Handmade in Wales

Check out my Handmade Gift Store https://folksy.com/shops/retrosheephandmadeinwales

Hi there, Iā€™m based in the Midlands and make a selection of shampoo bars and soaps. I havenā€™t seen any of my items in the Midlands gift guide as yet though ! :sunflower:

Continuing the discussion from Are you featured in regional gift guides?:

1 Like

Hi everyone, just a quick reminder that good photos are really important if you would like your work to be featured in our gift guides. There are lots of great photo tips on our blog: https://blog.folksy.com/2014/01/31/how-to-be-featured-on-folksy-product-photography-tips

1 Like

I would love to be included in the East Midlands guide if possible please :blush:

Hi Clare @clarefolksy can you tell me if this is why I am not included in the Made in Scotland Gift Guide? I have asked a couple of times but not had a response?

Thanks for your help
Sharon

@TreetopArt Hi Sharon, yes unfortunately your photos are a bit too dark. You might like to photograph your prints in a more lifestyle setting so that your customers can get a better idea of the size and how they might be framed. You also might consider putting your mugs in the centre of your photos as the biscuits dominate slightly. I hope thatā€™s helpful!

Very helpful Clare @clarefolksy, thanks for getting back to me. Iā€™ll hopefully get a chance this weekend to take some new shots. XX

Some of your photos are a little dark, they could easily be improved by just brightening them up a little in photo editing software though.

Also remember that thumbnails are cropped square. Particularly your mug photos (some of which are very small), because the photo isnā€™t centred on your mug, half of the item isnā€™t even showing on the thumbnail. It looks more like youā€™re trying to sell the plate of biscuits. Look at your listings to the little thumbnails under the main photo. Just from those tiny images, which shows the mug the clearest? Thatā€™s the one you should move to the first photo slot.