Are you featured in regional gift guides?

Cheers Kim @konyskiw I’ll have a little play around now until I get a chance to do some new photos. Really appreciate the help as feel like I am pushing hard at the moment but still not quite got there yet.
Thanks again
Sharon

1 Like

I know having to retake photos always seems like a daunting task, so it’s nice if you can find a quick way to improve them a little before you have time to retake.

Just found the Made in Bristol/ Bath, I am from Bath, how can I get my items featured? All my listings say made in Somerset.

Hi,

Can I be featured in home counties please.
Thx,
The Herbal Soapmaker, Kent

Hi everyone, hope your sales are going well. I’m fairly new to the forum but been on Folksy since last June. I’m learning lots here so just wanted to ask a question about how your shop gets included in the Regional guides and also other gift guides that Folksy do.

All my listings/tags include made in Durham but i noticed while checking the guides recently that none were included in the recent North East section, despite Durham being mentioned in the guides description. Also same happened in the Gifts for Mums and Valentines Gifts. Is this something Folksy just choose at random or are they picked up only by the tags you list?

I can’t understand why we weren’t featured in any of these categories when i thought id worked so hard to get my product tags right. So im confused folks… Am i doing something wrong?

I removed all my Valentine tags from my listings yesterday as its too late now for our Valentines gifts to reach people. Ofcourse i have also done marketing on fb and instagram too but I assumed in terms of Folksy that any shop with the right tags (if thats what they use) would be included? If thats not the criteria and its just random, well so be it but id like to know. Must admit I’m feeling somewhat deflated to miss out given the effort on getting the gifts ready and listed with appropriate tags well in advance. :thinking:

Anyway, look forward to your comments

Just a thought. Do you fill in the location box on the listing template with Durham on all your items?

Hi there, yes i do fill in the location on every listing

The gift guides are all curated by Folksy, they don’t contain every item in an area/on a theme, or just show a random selection, but are selected by the staff.

There are a number of factors that can go into the decision on which items are included (you can read more about that here: How to be featured on Folksy) but one of the main factors is having eye catching photos.
Also, they’re not constantly being updated, some may only get updated once or twice a year, so it could be that someone has items that are a great fit, but they’ve listed more recently than the gift guides were last updated.

What everyone should be included in (if they’ve set their location to public) is the shop by region section: Folksy - Local shops on Folksy
And I can see you in County Durham.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback however in the North East guide, there was nothing for Durham so if i was searching for shops local to North East i would have expected Durham shops to appear.

Shame we weren’t featured for Valentine gifts, as we specifically targetted this occasion to introduce something different in mixed materials which did seem to differ from other products… Please don’t take this as sour grapes, we just want to better understand the process.

Regarding photographs, we take a lot of time over our product shots and really hope this is reflected on our shop as we know how important they are.

My bugbear is the ‘Made in Scotland’ gift guide, and not just because I’ve never seen anything of mine featured in it :rofl:

It’s the description that gets my goat - wouldn’t it be better to mention some of our rich arts and crafts heritage? e.g. Harris tweed, Charles Rennie Mackintosh to name just a couple of the most obvious.

1 Like

Has Manchester ever been featured? It’s not Yorkshire and not Lancashire. Boo Hoo.

Looks like Manchester has it’s own guide Folksy - Shops local to Manchester on Folksy with surrounding areas included under the Lancashire or Cheshire guides.

Wow - love your fake cakes, don’t think I could resist trying to eat these :grinning:

Thank you for that.

No…nothing of mine featured :confused:…I wonder if they will be updated and new things added at some point, the Yorkshire one doesn’t have a huge amount in it and it really needs some furry creatures, dolls, bunnies etc :smiley:

2 Likes

Not checked lately but did get featured a while back.

I would love :heart_eyes_cat: to be included in the Made in Lancashire & Cumbria gift regional guide seeing as I have Lake District and Wordsworth themed items in my shop :mountain: :sunrise_over_mountains: :mountain_snow:

You are there Katrina under North West then Cumbria

1 Like

Thanks @Caroleecrafts :heartpulse: :grinning:

I have just spotted these regional guides and happy to find myself on there…not sure how or why though!

Perhaps because your work is absolutely wonderful.

1 Like