Folksy Friday!

Wow, that looks really great.

I put one on Twitter

1 Like

Thankyou, Liz @BigBirdLittleBird!

I have just posted this backpack for a budding artist, from Kadouda https://folksy.com/shops/Kadouda

2 Likes

Have just done a Pinterest board of my favourite summer finds from Folksy

2 Likes

I have shown Poppies for thiis weeks #folksyfriday blog post

3 Likes

I’ll be honest I struggle to get any interaction and likes on any shared posts from Folksy or from anyone really. I think it’s because my likers haven’t interacted with previous posts of that kind so they don’t get to see them.

What I’ve done this time is saved the image from the shop and posted it as an image and put the link in the comments. I’ve tagged the shop owner so they know I’ve shared them, and I’ve chosen something I think will be of interest to my followers. I’ve even spelt out the word shop like this s-h-o-p and see if that helps!

Facebook is very competitive for businesses and it’s getting harder and harder to be seen on there amongst everyone else.

3 Likes

Just to add, as @HelenCliffordArt 's painting is reminiscent of the 18thC wallpaper at Ightham Mote I tagged them in my post and they liked it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Jan! We’ve shared it on Pinterest and on Twitter too with a link back to your blog post.

1 Like

Good idea! I normally only post things to do with works in progress to be honest, and I get quite a lot of good interaction on those. I guess this was the first post which ticked all the algorithmn’s boxes for a ‘sale’ post eg. external links to shopping websites etc, so it’s my own fault! I’ll try your way for future though, as I would like to have a few promotional posts on there at some stage. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it’s folksy friday. here’s my Pinterest spotty & dotty ladybird gift guide @JOYSofGLASS

3 Likes

Haven’t sorted a pinterest list yet but I’m tweeting my favourite textile crafters for #folksyfriday

1 Like

I started very early on my Folksy Friday postings this morning and have put four postings on Instagram on a Feeling in the Pink theme. I’ve managed to feature 15 different shops. I’ll now check out something ‘blissful’ for on here
Di x

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Folksy Friday theme 8 July - Bliss

I’ve done a bird theme on this weeks post…

Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for including my ladybird :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve also just done a Pinterest board called “It’s time to go on holiday” - for many their holidays are bliss too. Just need to go through and tag people when I get a moment…

2 Likes

I’ve Tweeted some bits. Worked out on my Tweety Folksy Friday layouts so the makers shop names show up with them.

2 Likes

My very first #folksy-Friday is dedicated to the pesky squirrel - I really enjoyed compiling this, hopefully the first of many!
http://blog.sewmotion.com/2016/07/folksy-friday.html?m=1

3 Likes

That’s a great layout for #folksyfriday tweets Lowri. Fab!

Thank you so much for all your brilliant Folksy Fridays. I’ve been pinning them here - still some more to add, so keep them coming!! I’m really thrilled so many of you are getting involved. Thank you, thank you, thank you :two_hearts:

1 Like

This is my Pinterest page for #folksyfriday - a fabulously foxy folksy friday. :wink:

1 Like